PDA

View Full Version : Lens service and repair

wjthor
02-09-2006, 11:07 AM
I dropped my near decade old Canon 50mm f1.4 from a height of about 1 feet. It landed on it mount, with mount cap on. I tried to see if it still works and the focusing mechanism seems to be damaged. Canon offices will not be open till Monday, so I am wondering where most of you would send your lens for repair and service. I heard of horror stories of independant service professionals in Klang Valley.

I used to send them to camera shops with service professionals while I was living in JB and did a good job, this is the first time I need to fix and service lenses in KL/PJ. I recalled an indepandant one along Jalan Pudu. Any advise or recomendation?

leboch
02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi,
If yr lens is the canon fd type then u are out of luck. I did send in mine to canon last year and said that it cannot be repaired. I dropped mine too and the focusing mechanism is jammed. Reasons given by canon is that spare parts
is no more available. I tried open it up and see what's wrong inside, it seems
that the focusing mechanism "derailed". Tried many ways to get it back on track
but failed. So now I'm keeping it and hunt for a second hand or broken lens or fungus grown lens for spare parts. After all , i only need the focusing mechanism not the lens.

onigiri
02-09-2006, 02:40 PM
have u tried desmond (yl camera at pudu plaza)?
or keat at jalan pudu also do repairing

noordin
02-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I dropped my near decade old Canon 50mm f1.4 from a height of about 1 feet. It landed on it mount, with mount cap on. I tried to see if it still works and the focusing mechanism seems to be damaged. Canon offices will not be open till Monday, so I am wondering where most of you would send your lens for repair and service. I heard of horror stories of independant service professionals in Klang Valley.

I used to send them to camera shops with service professionals while I was living in JB and did a good job, this is the first time I need to fix and service lenses in KL/PJ. I recalled an indepandant one along Jalan Pudu. Any advise or recomendation?

Send to J-One Camera at Gr Floor, Amcorp Mall in PJ. He has repaired my Nikon lenses and F3 camera as well as my Leica M6 camera. So he's highly recommended.

wjthor
02-09-2006, 11:20 PM
I already had bad experience with Canon on spare parts, even for simple in production stuff. I asked for a 58C ring and they did not have it. Had to order it from HK. Anyway, just curious if there are more reliable contracts who are passionate about their job other than Canon themselves with people there just for their job.

Oh, my lens seems to be still selling on shops when I went by just now, cost 4 times the price now. Talking about inflation...

Kingsley244
03-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Yesterday I sent my film camera a Nikon F90X to Desmond of YL (012-3806733) in Pudu for repair as its shuttle was free-firing i.e. firing madly by itself !!

That guy took a look and removed the batteries of the Multi-Function Back (the back lid of the camera) and hey presto, the camera was okay again. He returned the camera to me with no charges.

That's honesty that is rarely found in business these days.

I will recommend him.

abuihsanisah
22-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Kalau pada LCD tulis Err 99. Ape masalahnya?

g88
22-10-2009, 09:05 AM

Google for it !

cannonball
22-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Oh, my lens seems to be still selling on shops when I went by just now, cost 4 times the price now. Talking about inflation...

bro, sorry to hear bout the lens, hopefully u get if fixed soon. im just curious, do u mean that the canon EF 50mm 1.4 used to sell for rm350 10 years ago? WOW!

beyond
22-10-2009, 09:45 AM
This Thread is about 3 years old?

cannonball
22-10-2009, 10:01 AM
This Thread is about 3 years old?

alamak bro, i just noticed! hahahahahahahah , okay then i guess the 50mm costed 350 13 years ago? can any sifus confirm this?

blurr
22-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I encountered faulty 50mm 1.4 lens recently. I send it to Singapore get the USM motor, shalf etc changed. Cost around S$210. I got it back next day.

mdfadhlan
22-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Google a bit bro, and you'll get the answer :D

rhymeregim
23-10-2009, 02:49 PM
hantar service kat canon sudah..

Aimankmm
24-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Have you tried to update the Firmware? Camera needs an update too. ;-)

expertcamerarepairs
19-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Sila email kami di ExpertCameraRepair di Penang. KL & Penang adalah tempat yang baik untuk repair camera. Sila email kami, expertcamerarepair@gmail.com (expertcamerarepair@gmail.com). Kami sedia terima item dihantar ke Pulau Pinang melalui poslaju dll. Kami mempunyai pengalaman 20 tahun dalam bidang ini, untuk maklumat lanjutan, sila hubungi kami beritahu masalah dan model kamera technician kami akan menjawab pertanyaan anda dan memberitahu kos, masa dan masalah kemera itu. Kami melakukan kerja repair untuk ratusan kedai di seluruh Malaysia.- Oleh kerana menjaga dealer kami, kami tidak boleh dedahkan kontak kami di laman ini, harap maaf. Kami repair banyak semua jenis kamera.
-----------------------------------------------------------
" We understand that there is a shortage of camera service in the market and many cameras are sent either sent up to Penang or to KL via poslaju. Other issues would be the turnaround time, price and service ability. We have been doing camera and lense repair for more than 2 decades and receives cameras from the whole Malaysia and even Singapore. We are able to repair a wide range of cameras, many which was deemed unrepairable by the brand company or cost too much to repair or the charges are exhorbitant. We are now expanding our service on the internet. Kindly contact us for further inquiry. We are currently receiving service requests from all camera shops in Northern Malaysia and some difficult cases from KL. We do not use reconditioned or old parts in our repairs unless vintage models; and it will be made known to our customers accordingly.

email:expertcamerarepair@gmail.com"

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Expert-Camera-Lense-Repair/186635944709343

Lando76
20-02-2011, 01:47 PM
same problem here with my Canon 50mm f1..focusing mechanism seems to be damaged.
Still under warranty.