PDA

View Full Version : Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer

kok_wei
20-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Anybody bought this Juicer? Last time I saw it from the "As Seen on TV" commercials. What's the number to call so that I can order ah? Is this juicer sold in electrical shops too?

Here's the official website for the juicer.
http://www.powerjuicer.com/

Was thinking of buying this thing for my wife as our 7th anniversary present next month.

tsechien
20-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I have seen it before but do not know where to buy it. If you go to the fresh fruit stall at Botanical Gardens (run by the Tropical Fruit Farm Balik Pulau) adjacent to the Batik place, you will find it being used. Maybe you can go and ask them where they bought it.

btw - for those not in the know, this is the Caterpillar of industrial strength juicers. You can almost lob in an entire coconut inside to juice hahahaha joking lah but almost true.

chien

noordin
20-06-2007, 11:57 AM
The same Jack Lalanne that had a morning fitness programme in the 70's?? :laugh:

webster
20-06-2007, 12:01 PM
The same Jack Lalanne that had a morning fitness programme in the 70's?? :laugh:
yeah i can still faintly remember that guy. the guy with the tight fitting grey (can't really tell because it's b&w tv) jumpsuit?

sharpshooter
20-06-2007, 12:05 PM
You can get it at the SmartShop in MidValley. Same floor and opposite the Apple Mac Shop next to the IT Mall.

There are 2 sizes for this juicer. :)

tsechien
20-06-2007, 12:10 PM

Yeap, the same guy. He went into Juicers and made even more money than his TV fitness program!

I do remember coming home at watching his program every afternoon at 5.30pm just before Ultraman at 6-7pm.....................

Gawd! I am OLD!

chien

noordin
20-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Yeap, the same guy. He went into Juicers and made even more money than his TV fitness program!

I do remember coming home at watching his program every afternoon at 5.30pm just before Ultraman at 6-7pm.....................

Gawd! I am OLD!

chien

How do you think that makes me feel? :sad:
:laugh:

LoctorMayat
20-06-2007, 12:27 PM

Gawd! I am OLD!

chien

Thanks for your support :laugh:

tsechien
20-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Also Baja Hitam and Flash Gordon on other days......

chien

webster
20-06-2007, 01:42 PM
oi! he said ultraman la not urutoman telor masin...

roticanai
20-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I just came back from US. When I was there, I saw his infomercial almost everyday on the cable channels. He is very old now and he did the ad with his equally old wife.

They claim that the machine extracts every ounce of juice from the fruits. In US, it is sold very cheaply via TV Shopping offer.

I don't know about all of this but I just blend all my fruits/vegetables and I get the seeds and fibers :) only without the skins!

Point44
22-06-2007, 08:26 AM
I know it is quite a bit more expensive but have you tried looking at slow juicers usually sold at organic shops. My family has gone through this health thing and invested in one of these machines and it sure is a lot different compared to the normal power juicers.

It is mains powered and works kind of like the sugar cane machines and squeezes the juice out. One of the main advantages is that because it is slower there is a lot less oxidisation. So you can make apple juice and keep it in the fridge for a day and it won't turn brown. It really makes great juice and even does veggies and all that. Plus it is really quiet. The only downside is that it is a lot more expensive. But worth every penny in my opinion.

Have (http://www.discountjuicers.com/greenpower.html) a look at:

Juicing (http://www.discountjuicers.com/bestjuicer.html)
Greenpower Juicer (http://www.discountjuicers.com/greenpower.html)

Brian
22-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Not just the 70s. He has a record for the longest-lived fitness program from the 50's on until just recently.

kok_wei
04-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, me and my wife have pretty much decided to get Jack's power juicer from the US. A friend is coming back from US, so will try to ask him to get it for us. The juicer is selling for USD99 and I assume that the juicer cannot take in 240v. So, I need a step down transformer to output a 110v supply for the juicer. Went to Thye Huat(excuse me, I think only Bayan Baru penang lang know where this place is) to check out the transformer and the price is RM69 for a 300W step down transformer. The juicer needs 250W, that's why a step down transformer with power ratings of 300W will be most suitable.

So, if I managed to get Jack's power juicer from the US, my total cost will be around RM415.50(currency converted price of the juicer and transformer).
Over here, it's selling for RM799. Interestingly, they are also selling a smaller version here(not sure if it is sold in US or not) for RM600++ something..
Anyway, I'm going to save 799 - 415.50 = RM383.50 if everything goes according to plan. :)

Lets, Juice it up!

hmmm... I wonder if I can also get Jack to sign his autograph on my juicer. Anybody has his handphone number? :laugh: