PDA

View Full Version : Maxis or Celcom broadband: how to setup in Mac?

damak
19-06-2008, 08:57 PM
i've tested my friends Maxis usb broadband modem on my MBP but heck, i've tried setting up in the Network CP... bingo! NOTHING. Can anyone enlighten me?

Regards
Brad Pitt :))

noordin
19-06-2008, 09:00 PM
i've tested my friends Maxis usb broadband modem on my MBP but heck, i've tried setting up in the Network CP... bingo! NOTHING. Can anyone enlighten me?

Regards

You expecting the girls to respond, is it? :)) :-D

damak
19-06-2008, 09:09 PM
You expecting the girls to respond, is it? :)) :-D

:D) waakakakakkaaaaa... oooo yes, i'm in a mood for a lil' firting :O)

paklan
19-06-2008, 09:30 PM

Regards

USB modem can work meh?

Regards,
Paklan Iglesias :D

damak
19-06-2008, 09:36 PM
eheheheee... this is going to be FUN :) senor inglesias, tried the usb maxis modem aka dongle aka HUAWEI brand... kenot work.

lediamazlinda
19-06-2008, 09:38 PM
err....i don't have any experience with the MBP...but from my "chap ayam" notebook i just put into the USB port....taraaa......!!!! terus blh online...>:)>:) (CELCOM Broadband)

regards,
dya Lopez

igeorge
19-06-2008, 09:42 PM
why not? celcom one ok, plug in then use.

damak
19-06-2008, 09:44 PM
why not? celcom one ok, plug in then use.

celcom ok ka? havent try celcom yet...

ireans
19-06-2008, 09:49 PM
The Celcom/Maxis broadband USB modem only got driver for Windows only. The manufacturer (Huwaie) didnt develop the driver for OSX (yet).

:)

The other way around to use Huwaie USB modem on your Mac, is using 3G mobile phone as modem, since OSX got most of SE, Nokia and Samsung modem driver built in.

or...

use Windows in your Mac book pro. :D

btw, just browse around, and found this (http://www.myceloteh.com/3gforum/viewtopic.php?t=31)

sh4hr1n
19-06-2008, 11:23 PM
The CD that comes with the Celcom/Maxis broadband has an application and Huawei driver for Mac. After you installed these, you need to set-up the Huawei modem in the AirPort. Then the connection will work flawlessly. :-)

HanCw
19-06-2008, 11:32 PM
me is using celcom with nokia phone ... for bukan MAC laptop... i install the software from nokia than can connect lio... i hear Maxis no good for the connection ... >:)>:)

ariffin
19-06-2008, 11:38 PM
for maxis broadband, you can download the driver for leopard at
http://www.maxis.com.my/maxisbb/. scroll down to the bottom. u'll see the link.

robin28witter
20-06-2008, 12:01 AM
MAXIS BROADBAND only for level 5 and below...hope you know that too!

mohamadfazli
20-06-2008, 12:14 AM
i use my sierra aircard on celcom broadband..

default driver from leopard :laugh:

plug and play!

aziel-chan
20-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Regards

Brad Pitt, darling...:O):055: my current modem is D-link DWM-652, stated there can be use with Apple MAC OS. Bandluxe also have the same type of modem, perhaps that one too can be used with MBP.

But. Maybe other modems too can be used with MPB, just need to work around a bit.

And, I suggest u choose Celcom, tho I've never tried Maxis, but I got a few friends already complaining about their Maxis broadband...
Whaaattt...!!! Fake Brad Pitt...?!!:icon_axe:Urrghhh..!!!

paklan
20-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Brad Pitt, darling...:O):055: my current modem is D-link DWM-652, stated there can be use with Apple MAC OS.
Whaaattt...!!! Fake Brad Pitt...?!!:icon_axe:Urrghhh..!!!

What is so good about Bradd Pitt???
Rajnikanth's better. Got more bulu dada!! :D :D :D

Not OT already. :P

padilopadilan
20-06-2008, 10:18 AM
brad,

you may want to consider celcom, since it's 3G Coverage is much more better than Maxis. And, as aziel said, yes, either D-link or bandluxe have driver for mac. Dont waste on those "come in the packge modem, get the sim card and buy the modem at low yat... or lowyat.net btw, you may want to refer to this link, www.myceloteh.net . it's a very good reference for this wireless broadband thinggy.

sincerely,
padil klose

solankie
17-04-2009, 07:06 PM
What do you think of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's name choices for their newborn twins? I'm just curious. I think Vivienne Marchaline is pretty. Knox Leon though? Yuck in my opinion. And what's with all of the boys' names that end in x? We get in already. Does anyone else agree? Disagree?

khoking
17-04-2009, 07:30 PM
For Celcom, the one I am using is BLUE CUBE. Easy, installation software inside the modem / usb 2GB. Auto detect, install and run on my macbook.

nel
17-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Welll Brad,

... i think you plug it in the wrong place lah ... :* ... kiss ... kiss ... :* ...

... :-D ...

damak
17-04-2009, 08:49 PM
ngahahhahaaaa... its been fun guys! thanxs for the info though and btw, angie says HI!

Dr Jafri
12-07-2009, 12:26 AM
go to www.celcom.com.my (http://www.celcom.com.my/)
you see hundreds of handbags.
this freaking broadband service provider is having a identity crisis.
its CEO loves handbags so much, there more handbags than Kbps running
from its server

imagine paying for broadband and getting like 3kbps in the middle of
KL
CELCOM simply dont care even if you complain 33 times
and their Customer service sucks . should send them all to Zimbabwe to
train with the monkeys

chenws
12-07-2009, 12:41 AM
The CD that comes with the Celcom/Maxis broadband has an application and Huawei driver for Mac. After you installed these, you need to set-up the Huawei modem in the AirPort. Then the connection will work flawlessly. :-)

... Huawei modem in the AirPort.

Thanks, mine ended like a dial-up and failed. Anyway it worked on my windows laptop. I just wanted to test it on my iMac.

macrider
12-07-2009, 12:59 AM
My mac is just plug & play, and driver is already pre-install in the OS X, but you can configure under System preferences - Network - HSPA Modern.

guillotine_man
12-07-2009, 01:34 AM
celcom ok ka? havent try celcom yet...

celcom broadband just cucuk & main...

regards,
Sarip Shauki

farah.A
18-07-2009, 07:46 PM
kne ade driver la for Mac kalau nak guna broadband

yuck2kiss
18-07-2009, 08:35 PM
cik farah tgh cuti ke?
tak kena H1N2 ke?
hehe

chinks
19-07-2009, 02:15 AM
I thought for Apple everything is just plug & play? It's not??? But that's the whole deal about Macs over PCs... ain't it?

pete
19-07-2009, 02:41 AM
Those smart alecks at Maxis went and develop a dumb "Mobile Connect" driver for Mac OS which is like a half-baked invention. It does not give full functionality like the Windows equivalent.

The driver is also a redundant piece-of-sheet software which hangs all the time (connect button grayed out) when they could have utilised Mac's built-in "Internet Connect" software for seamless user interface.

I terminated my Maxis BB and demanded they waive the RM200 penalty due to poor service and connectivity. :L