Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I "dress up" my K-01

Collapse
X
Collapse

• How I "dress up" my K-01

After using the K-01 for more than a month, I kind of dress up my camera for various assignments:

Name:  97a6ed81fbfef51d04a1b3f1f9325ee0.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  481.8 KB

1) I modified a RRS L-Bracket for Sony NEX7 to fit the Pentax K-01. It allows me to do some serious panoramic work in portrait orientation. All my Nikons has a L-Bracket on. Notice that I don't use the supplied camera strap. I like the Gariz leather hand strap which fits very well and giving me a very good grip on the camera.

Name:  648531f8508c972a4f8f2fe5af48832e.jpg
Size:  483.4 KB

2) I like the design and size of the K-01 very much! As opposed to being small and thin, the K-01 is rather "fat & thick" but it provides a great balance when using heavy lenses like the Samyang 14mm and Zeiss.

Name:  9e4e1757d93b01fe406833c42768fcf3.jpg
Size:  472.8 KB

Name:  7323e8a2bd743eb6f4ec6d7b6a55271f.jpg
Size:  373.6 KB

3) This is the GGS LCD Viewfinder which is excellent for videography work, and when used outdoor. Although it looks big and clumsy, it provides yet an excellent support when used with a shoulder rig.

Name:  4cb4bc9b124ef42e53a279fe6d22bb00.jpg
Size:  409.4 KB

Name:  c58014c095ad1fe356d00e19d9104e54.jpg
Size:  365.8 KB

Name:  62dc51346d8d9c1c8ab8507870ac910e.jpg
Size:  486.3 KB

The K-01 is a very versatile and capable camera and it is also very easy to use. Not only it produces excellent results, it also opens up possibilities such as ease of focusing manually (with focus peaking). When one is used to it, you will be rewarded with so many choices of K-mount and M42 lenses to choose from. For all my videography work, I only use manual focusing. In this aspect, the K-01 outshines many other cameras I've used.

Please feel free to comment. Thanks.

~ Wesley ~

• kentfutura
      kentfutura commented
      Editing a comment
      so cool lah

• pointblank
      pointblank commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you call that Manfrotto slider you are using? I.e. what is the product name/number? Thanks.

• Kalai Pixmedia
      Kalai Pixmedia commented
      Editing a comment
      Jester, I am seriously buying Pentax K-01 for wedding videography as a main camera. What's your suggestion? How was your video quality? Anything to see. Have you done event video using this camera & not on tripod but moving with people. Any problems.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

Article Tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Exposure Blending and Refining The Edge.
    irenecal
    I'm sure many of you have seen pictures especially Landscapes. The Transition between Sky and Foreground. The Bright and the Dark transition. If you look carefully,you will notice a carefully processed one and the less careful. The Less careful ones are the halos which some may say its ok. To me its not natural to look. That is what I wish to perfect. What I'll be sharing here is to reinforce what I understand…it took me quite awhile to digest. I'm not perfect.Its troubling me for some time. Having A GND Filter or No Filter method? As long as it gets the job done faster choose which workflow you feel comfortable with. In the end is the final outcome of the picture. Below will be in a series and breaks here,through pictures and explanation. I myself can return for reference and comprehend if I forget the steps. I don`t write it down or explain I will forget. There may be shortcuts here and there though.Feel free to sh...
    09-02-2014, 10:10 PM
  • Sony Alpha 7 only manages to get a Silver Award
    maxby

This is the technical tests that many photographers have been waiting for. The Sony Alpha 7, the smallest full frame mirror-less digital camera. Many have raved about its capability. See how does it stand to a technical review by Dpreview.

This is what Dpreview has to say :- The Alpha 7 has broken new ground in the full-frame market, in terms of both size and price. Its compact size, broad feature set and very good Raw image quality make it a compelling option for those wanting a large sensor. Unfortunately,...
    23-01-2014, 10:29 AM
  • "Faraway, So Close" - My solo exhibition at Leica Avenue K
    nksyoon
    Hello fellow Leica fans,

I am pleased to announce that my first exhibition in Malaysia titled "Faraway, So Close" will be held at the Leica Store at Avenue K in KL from Jan 22-Feb 28.

You are all invited to attend the opening reception on Wednesday Jan 22 which starts at 7pm.

Those who are on Facebook may RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/589083664480123/ If not, please RSVP in this thread. Biography Nick became interested in photography in his early teens, learning the basics from books and magazines however did not pursue his i...
    15-01-2014, 08:34 PM
  • Soaring like an Eagle ... and Flying with the wind
    digitalartist
    A couple of weeks ago I started a brand new love affair. I want to soar like an eagle and fly with the wind. I've started training to qualify for a licence to fly a Powered Paraglider. You put a motor with a prop on your back, harness yourself to a parachute wing, start the motor, run a short take off run from almost anywhere, and then fly off into the sunset like below : The Paraglider itself is an amazing subject to shoot: Apart from the adrenalin rush associated with when you put your life at risk, the aim is to shoot photos from a perspective not usually available to most people. Here's a combo selfie while flying a powered paraglider over Pulau Indah, and a photo o...
    17-12-2013, 01:56 AM
  • PMPE – Manang, Nepal Photosafari from 16th to 28th March 2014
    maxby

Once again this year we are going to trek from Chame to Manang, the homeland of one of our Nepali friends. This trek is part of the famous Annapurna Circuit. If you want to trek on around the Annapurna circuit you will need about 25 days. This part of the Annapurna trek offers the best scenery in Nepal.

Holi Festival
    Our journey starts with the Holi Festival in Kathmandu on the 17th March 2014. Holi Festival is also known as the Spring Colour Festival. This ancient religious festival is celebrated by Hindu devotees in Nepal and India. Devotees would throw colour powders, shooting water cannons and balloons filled with colour water at each other including photographers, tourist and observers. For more information about this Holi festival please go to Wikipedia.

Trekking...
    16-12-2013, 08:29 AM
  • December 2013 - thonytoon
    noordin
    We are proud to announce our PhotoMalaysia featured Photographer of the Month

- December 2013 -

thonytoon
    - aka -

Anthony Mendoza Barlan

Here is the interview with him:

Can you tell us a little about yourself? I am Anthony Barlan, or Antz, for short. I am a natural born Filipino, but was only born into the world of photography around 2008 right here in Malaysia. I am a full time Mainframe Analyst & Developer of Hewlett Packard – Malaysia working for a banking client for almost 6 years. I’m actually a Civil Engineering degree holder but got started into Information Technology when I was hired and trained by Accenture – Philippines to work as a mainframe developer. I was also a former Professional Dance Instructor of Latin and Modern Standard Ballroom dancin...
    02-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Working...
X