Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is vitacon conversion lens good ?

guys, am using EOS 500D pair with the 50mm f1.8 lens

am looking to take some macro shots, but find that a macro lens is still an overkill for a newbie like me.

so would like to know is the vitacon 0.45x wide angle/macro 52mm conversion lens good for me?

i cant seems to find much information about conversion lens by googling if compare to extension tube or close up filter. I had tried it at a local shop and it seems quite good (priced at less than RM300 at a shop in Penang).

Any comment guys? ;p

PS: havent tried a close up filter or extension tube yet. I take most of my shots at indoor with low light condition, so extension tube might not be a good option rite?

Re: is vitacon conversion lens good ?

i got this time of convertion lens.. never use, i got it as a free gift.. if u want, i can sell to you cheap2... this type of lens is cheaper than u get another macro/wide angle lens, results can be same...(just try the display set at the shop)

vitacon 0.5x wide angle/macro 62mm conversion lens
    original titanium japan
    10 year warranty..

PM me 4 the best price..
    www.shukriothman.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by samlee860407 View Post
      guys, am using EOS 500D pair with the 50mm f1.8 lens

am looking to take some macro shots, but find that a macro lens is still an overkill for a newbie like me.

so would like to know is the vitacon 0.45x wide angle/macro 52mm conversion lens good for me?

i cant seems to find much information about conversion lens by googling if compare to extension tube or close up filter. I had tried it at a local shop and it seems quite good (priced at less than RM300 at a shop in Penang).

Any comment guys? ;p

PS: havent tried a close up filter or extension tube yet. I take most of my shots at indoor with low light condition, so extension tube might not be a good option rite?
      One word answer: NO!

Comment

you will feel waste of $$ after you bought

Comment

Im also interested in the conversion lens. May i know why it is a waste? What's the downside of the lens?

Comment

Originally posted by andreweird View Post
            Im also interested in the conversion lens. May i know why it is a waste? What's the downside of the lens?
            Lenses are designed to perform optimum without slapping another piece of glass infront. The conversion lens will only degrade the original lens optic.

Comment

i used that b4 with my 1000D kit (oredi sold to my buddy), basically only the image at the center looked ok, the rest, color distorted~!! especially with the 0.45x wide angle conversion lens add on.. for macro, i still recommend the filter type..
              go out n shoot~

Comment

Working...
              X