Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

    With the release of 1DX & 5D3, it tells that the company finally listen to the upset users..

    1D4 is great but its not full frame..with the sensor technology the company hold, they should have release a FF 1D4..
    5D2 lousy old AF should have borrow from 1D series AF system..
    The more pixel put on sensor will lead to high noise and narrow dynamic range, as you guys experience in 5D2, 60D, 7D..

    So, now you get a FF 1DX, a 5D3 with 1D AF system and both low MP, 1DX & 5D3..
    Some how, this also tells that, the EOS sensor & Lens technology had come to bottleneck..

    1) The R&D team struggle to insert more pixel into sensor and maintain clean output with wide dynamic range..
    2) The Hi-pixel sensors may out resolve the L lens too..try ask 7D/60D/600D user how soft the image produce by the 18MP sensor..
    3) And the more pixels to process may force the R&D team to insert Quart CPU or even more CPU to maintain processing power..

    But the competitors are doing fine, i means a great job...

    Try to look at D800 test result in DXO Sensor Marks website..
    http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/New...-a-score-of-95

    You can see these comments to D800..The Nikon D800 is the new king of DxOMark with a score of 95"..or "The Nikon D800: A full-frame sensor with no weak points"..

    See how poor the old 5D2 result compare to, of cause the new D800..
    http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cam...rand2%29/Canon

    The D800 result on par with medium format camera..
    http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cam...3%29/Phase+One

    See D800 top the Amazon Best Selling DSLR chart..5D3 only in 9th place..
    http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-E...nav_e_3_281052

    So tell me, you guys had better reason to buy a USD3,500/ RM11,000 5D3 where you can actually have one, 5 years ago?

    Or the Best IQ with advance AF system and many more feature D800 with USD3000/ RM9200 only?

    Welcome to the Dark side...
    Last edited by bessa_r; 09-04-2012, 05:39 PM.

  • #2
    Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

    Originally posted by bessa_r
    Or the Best IQ with advance AF system and many more feature D800 with RM9200 only?

    Can't get at this price in Malaysia. I want one now!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

      Apples and Oranges. Nikon cameras can't mount Canon lenses, and vice versa. The great thing about the Canon system are the F/1.2 lenses - you can't get that on Nikon. The 50mm F/1.2 L alone was enough to make me consider the Canon system. On the other hand, the ergonomics and user interface for the Nikon can't be beat. The ability to use manual Ai-S lenses is a real cracker too. But true videographers will hate using Nikons for filming - for the very fact that the focus ring turns the 'other' way. You can't really compare both systems because at the end of the day they're different. Unless you have both, the grass will always be greener on the other side.

      Regards, Ralverd
      www.Ray-Lim.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

        Originally posted by Ralverd View Post
        Apples and Oranges. Nikon cameras can't mount Canon lenses, and vice versa. The great thing about the Canon system are the F/1.2 lenses - you can't get that on Nikon. The 50mm F/1.2 L alone was enough to make me consider the Canon system. On the other hand, the ergonomics and user interface for the Nikon can't be beat. The ability to use manual Ai-S lenses is a real cracker too. But true videographers will hate using Nikons for filming - for the very fact that the focus ring turns the 'other' way. You can't really compare both systems because at the end of the day they're different. Unless you have both, the grass will always be greener on the other side.

        Regards, Ralverd
        well said!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

          Originally posted by Ralverd View Post
          Apples and Oranges. Nikon cameras can't mount Canon lenses, and vice versa. The great thing about the Canon system are the F/1.2 lenses - you can't get that on Nikon. The 50mm F/1.2 L alone was enough to make me consider the Canon system. On the other hand, the ergonomics and user interface for the Nikon can't be beat. The ability to use manual Ai-S lenses is a real cracker too. But true videographers will hate using Nikons for filming - for the very fact that the focus ring turns the 'other' way. You can't really compare both systems because at the end of the day they're different. Unless you have both, the grass will always be greener on the other side.

          Regards, Ralverd
          well canon can mount nikon lense via a converter but not nikon. Nikon 50mm 1.2 is rm1700 (manual) but canon 50mm 1.2 is rm5000 (af) Ergonomic? I doubt. U cant operate canon with one hand but nikon can. It's not really good points u have there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

            The ability to use many old lenses (m42, contax c/y, Leica R, Nikon etc) without correcting glass for infinity focus is one of the reason I ditch my D3 and D700.
            Nikon is good, but it just does not fit my requirement.

            This thread is a flame bait...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

              Originally posted by Ralverd View Post
              Apples and Oranges. Nikon cameras can't mount Canon lenses, and vice versa. The great thing about the Canon system are the F/1.2 lenses - you can't get that on Nikon. The 50mm F/1.2 L alone was enough to make me consider the Canon system. On the other hand, the ergonomics and user interface for the Nikon can't be beat. The ability to use manual Ai-S lenses is a real cracker too. But true videographers will hate using Nikons for filming - for the very fact that the focus ring turns the 'other' way. You can't really compare both systems because at the end of the day they're different. Unless you have both, the grass will always be greener on the other side.

              Regards, Ralverd
              Amen!
              Find me at http://www.dominiquekeephotography.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                the EF mount can use almost every lens mounts out there with the right adapter.
                I've been shooting with lenses from Nikon, Pentax, Pentacon 6, Hasselblad... and they somehow produce more character than canon optics!
                bunnybearpictures.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                  Originally posted by engku View Post
                  well canon can mount nikon lense via a converter but not nikon. Nikon 50mm 1.2 is rm1700 (manual) but canon 50mm 1.2 is rm5000 (af) Ergonomic? I doubt. U cant operate canon with one hand but nikon can. It's not really good points u have there.
                  I think you misread my post. I did mention that NIKON has better ergonomics and overall handling. I also agree that Canon has the ability to mount other lenses via adaptors but that's just a bit troublesome in most cases. You can't really compare a MF lens to an AF lens anyway - the AF on the Canon 50mm 1.2 is already worth the premium, at least in my opinion. I bought a Nikon D700 because I preferred the ergonomics and build quality of the Nikon; and the Canon 5D Mark II for the interesting L lens choices. to be honest I have no 'loyalty' to any camera brand since they're just tools at the end of the day.

                  Regards, Ralverd
                  www.Ray-Lim.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                    Originally posted by Ralverd View Post
                    On the other hand, the ergonomics and user interface for the Nikon can't be beat.
                    If not mistaken, both Kai (Digitalrev) and Jared Polin (FroKnowsPhoto), both Nikonion, mentioned in their videos that they like the 5D3's ergonomics better when compared to the D800.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                      Originally posted by sparda79 View Post
                      If not mistaken, both Kai (Digitalrev) and Jared Polin (FroKnowsPhoto), both Nikonion, mentioned in their videos that they like the 5D3's ergonomics better when compared to the D800.
                      yes it's true..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                        Originally posted by sparda79 View Post
                        If not mistaken, both Kai (Digitalrev) and Jared Polin (FroKnowsPhoto), both Nikonion, mentioned in their videos that they like the 5D3's ergonomics better when compared to the D800.
                        Originally posted by Beginner_Dslr View Post
                        yes it's true..
                        I have not played with the 5D Mk3 or D800 so I wouldn't know how they fare. Honestly, ergonomics is ultimately down to personal preferences. And you can't really compare systems unless you're ready to take all that hassle and convert (getting rid of all the cameras, lenses, accessories) whenever a new camera comes along. It's nice to read reviews about new cameras and getting excited, but I think at the end of the day only you can justify a purchase - comparing gear doesn't really go anywhere.

                        Regards, Ralverd
                        www.Ray-Lim.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                          Originally posted by Ralverd View Post
                          It's nice to read reviews about new cameras and getting excited, but I think at the end of the day only you can justify a purchase - comparing gear doesn't really go anywhere.
                          This...i like the most
                          I'm a newbie and forever will I be.......

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                            Originally posted by Ralverd View Post
                            It's nice to read reviews about new cameras and getting excited, but I think at the end of the day only you can justify a purchase - comparing gear doesn't really go anywhere.
                            Me too, count me in.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What 1DX & 5D3 Means to Canonian?

                              well said all of u.. im here as beginner love this kind of conversation..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X