Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front element scratch (Refer picture in thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front element scratch (Refer picture in thread)

Good Day,

I stumble on this lens in ebay and having the itch to get it as it is so rare to see the magic drainpipe on sale right now. My concern is that the lens have a front element scratch. I was given the advice that it will cause a loss of contrast in harsh light (which I intended to use it for weekend outdoor shooting). So I would like to get more advice on should I or shouldnt I get this lens?

This is how the scratch looks like :

Name:  123c4f1c6dec4e05ffabaecfd02e8cf0.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  352.4 KB

Looking forward to more input on this decision making

Re: Front element scratch (Refer picture in thread)

I've got scratches on my 24-70L and 70-200L, and they don't affect image quality, but that's just my lenses. Those look like such minor scratches I doubt they would affect image quality that much.
    You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Comment

Scratch on the lens won't affect your image.

Comment

Make sure you get a hood for it.. It may be prone to flare. Some people use a black marker to blacken the scratches, but google more before doing so.
        http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dan95 View Post
          Make sure you get a hood for it.. It may be prone to flare. Some people use a black marker to blacken the scratches, but google more before doing so.
          Sure thing mate. The lens comes with original hood and have a filter in hand. Will update this post again once i receive the lens

Comment

Working...
          X