google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html FUJI X10 @ RM2288..... - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

    tHanks will get it tomorrow. Pray it has stock
    succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

      I've received the Fuji X10 ciplak lens hood which I bought from Amazon. It looks and feel sturdy enough and from pictures it looks the same as the original Fuji version. Can't imagine why I'd use it though, it's big and blocks the viewfinder and extends beyond the bottom a bit too.

      Now still looking for a decent case and possibly a lens cap replacement.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

        got my X10 today at Foto Shangrila in MidValley for RM1990 (with leather case since it is available. i just grabbed it)



        Love the design, the feel, the fast lens, the color (especially from Velvia).. high ISO is a bit let down though...

        here are some test shots (no post processed just used Paint to resize):




















        (very noisy even only at ISO1600)
        Last edited by ykgen; 26-12-2011, 10:17 PM.
        succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

          ykgen, was the case part of the package or was it separate? How much did you pay if it's separate?

          For high ISO pictures, go to the flickr forums and read up the options eg. reduce to 6M and turn on DR400. It does help significantly with the high ISO pictures however I can't look at my D5100 pictures and say that the Fuji X10 is in the same league, it's at least 1+ stops worse.

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

            Originally posted by gameover View Post
            ykgen, was the case part of the package or was it separate? How much did you pay if it's separate?

            For high ISO pictures, go to the flickr forums and read up the options eg. reduce to 6M and turn on DR400. It does help significantly with the high ISO pictures however I can't look at my D5100 pictures and say that the Fuji X10 is in the same league, it's at least 1+ stops worse.
            i was told the case n camera come together.. i didn't bother to ask if it can be sold separately.. i love the case.. its fully covered!

            succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

              just one more thing.. how come i can only change the metering in Custom (C1 C2) mode.. but not M,A,S,P? so weird la


              ok i did a search n found the answer.. when face detection is switched on.. the AE button will go crazy.. the metering will be back to normal when face detection is switched off.. must be a bug..
              succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                Originally posted by gameover View Post
                For high ISO pictures, go to the flickr forums and read up the options eg. reduce to 6M and turn on DR400. It does help significantly with the high ISO pictures however I can't look at my D5100 pictures and say that the Fuji X10 is in the same league, it's at least 1+ stops worse.
                Of course X10 will be worse than D5100 because you are comparing cameras with different sensor size: one with 2/3" and another with APS-C sized sensor. High ISO performance is nothing to shout about but for a compact this size, the color does not look wash out compare to other compacts (at least in SR mode). I wonder how awesome would it be if Fuji decides to make a camera with EXR APS-C sensor with around 24MP, same as Sony NEX-7. Even in EXR mode, the resolution will reduce to 12MP, which enough for most of us


                Oh yeah, in another news, Adobe has release new version of Lightroom and ACR which support X10 RAW files. Yeay!

                The news is here and the download links are there too:

                http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/12...ghtroom66acr36
                Last edited by raaisma; 26-12-2011, 10:27 PM.
                http://www.raais.com/

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                  raisma, may be next year.. hahahahaa i mean 2013.. but we will have to live with x10 for 2012
                  succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                    I've got mine finally last week during DCIM Expo in Mid valley!!
                    All together RM 2100 (Package included Ori Case, 2 Ori Batt ( YES THEY GAVE ME ONE EXTRA), 1 big tripod, and screen protector. pretty amazing deal I would say!


                    p/s: still feeling excited although it's been with me for more than 72 hours already! Wooohooo! Gonna bring it with me off to overseas tomorrow!!Can't wait to shoot nice photos!!!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                      Oh one more thing!! Does anyone uses filter? The sales guy advised me to get one to protect the lens when I bought the camera last week....

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                        Originally posted by Ninimimi View Post
                        I've got mine finally last week during DCIM Expo in Mid valley!!
                        All together RM 2100 (Package included Ori Case, 2 Ori Batt ( YES THEY GAVE ME ONE EXTRA), 1 big tripod, and screen protector. pretty amazing deal I would say!


                        p/s: still feeling excited although it's been with me for more than 72 hours already! Wooohooo! Gonna bring it with me off to overseas tomorrow!!Can't wait to shoot nice photos!!!
                        Congratulations! X10 is one of the best camera for traveling. I brought it during my UK and Ireland visit last month and this is the camera I took out instead of my DSLR. You will definitely need the extra batteries when traveling. From my experience, 2 batteries are enough for a day's traveling. You don't need the filter, just be careful not to knock the lens though the lens barrel is sturdy enough to take some occasional light knocks.
                        http://www.raais.com/

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                          Originally posted by raaisma View Post
                          Congratulations! X10 is one of the best camera for traveling. I brought it during my UK and Ireland visit last month and this is the camera I took out instead of my DSLR. You will definitely need the extra batteries when traveling. From my experience, 2 batteries are enough for a day's traveling. You don't need the filter, just be careful not to knock the lens though the lens barrel is sturdy enough to take some occasional light knocks.
                          Waaa...luckily I've got two batteries with me.. Heard batt will dry faster during winter time...I'm still exploring the functions available..Not much people is using X 10 though..


                          *and not many ppl is familiar with Fuji Cam....

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                            Originally posted by Ninimimi View Post
                            Waaa...luckily I've got two batteries with me.. Heard batt will dry faster during winter time...I'm still exploring the functions available..Not much people is using X 10 though..


                            *and not many ppl is familiar with Fuji Cam....
                            Yes, the battery will deplete faster during cold season. One way is to put the extra battery in your jacket to keep it warm. I myself am still learning the functions
                            http://www.raais.com/

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                              Originally posted by Ninimimi View Post
                              Oh one more thing!! Does anyone uses filter? The sales guy advised me to get one to protect the lens when I bought the camera last week....
                              i tried fixing the filter but it could not screw in 100%.. i read the manual says ori lens hood comes with an adaptor ring which allows us to screw filter

                              UPDATE: the camera crashed when scrolling thru the photos had to remove battery n re-insert).. anyone has the same problem?
                              Last edited by ykgen; 26-12-2011, 11:27 PM.
                              succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: FUJI X10 @ RM2288.....

                                Originally posted by ykgen View Post
                                i was told the case n camera come together.. i didn't bother to ask if it can be sold separately.. i love the case.. its fully covered!
                                Nice, I guess the cases are starting to arrive now. They didn't have any 2-3 weeks ago. Even the premium cases will start to arrive soon

                                http://www.leicatime.com/a000-CasesFujiFinepixX100.htm
                                Last edited by gameover; 27-12-2011, 07:47 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X