X100 or X-Pro1.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X100 or X-Pro1.

Love the look of both cameras and heard pics come out great too.

Question is, to get a X100 or X1 Pro?

Probably won't be changing too many lenses (don't want to invest in another system) but having an option to change lenses is good too!

This would probably be my everyday camera when I don't want to lug my dslr around.

To get the X1Pro or to get the X100?

Re: X100 or X1 Pro.

How badly do you need to change lenses? If ur happy with 35mm equiv then go with the X100. Cheaper and awesome IQ. If $$$ is no problem, buy both as the X-Pro1 currently doesn't have a 35mm equiv lens...

Comment

There's already a thread on this:

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...r-buy-x100-now
      http://www.raais.com/

Comment

I read that post already,

However, anyone has any ideas if there is any differences ( image wise) between the x100 and the x1pro?

So if I don't need to change lenses, both cameras would be equal?

Comment

No doubt the X-Pro 1 has a lot improvements over X100 as the sensor exclude the AA filter which they claimed to have sharper image. You can't simply compare both camera, the price range is a huge difference. If you have the budget, you will be more happy to have X-Pro 1 instead of X100. I am X100 shooter myself, feel bad for unable to change the lens, but I love my X100 so much because of the low light capability and nice Fujifilm color. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by zijian View Post
            No doubt the X-Pro 1 has a lot improvements over X100 as the sensor exclude the AA filter which they claimed to have sharper image. You can't simply compare both camera, the price range is a huge difference. If you have the budget, you will be more happy to have X-Pro 1 instead of X100. I am X100 shooter myself, feel bad for unable to change the lens, but I love my X100 so much because of the low light capability and nice Fujifilm color. That's just me.
            X100 also does not have or has a very light AA filter and hence very sharp images as well. Although the X-Pro1 has the new X-Trans sensor. I think there's very little between the two cameras but the 35mm f1.4 on the X-Pro1 certainly looks tempting.

Comment

I heard the X-Pro1 with 3 lens will be priced at 11K+. So you may have to rethink about owning the new toy!

Comment

Just booked mine today and it should be delivered tomorrow. It will probably sell out very quickly. That is the X-Pro1 with 35mm f/1.4 lens. At least when Fujifilm launches a camera, they actually are serious about delivering.. Nikon D800, D4, Canon EOS-1DX are all delayed and there is no telling when anyone will take delivery of the Canon 5D Mk III. Meanwhile, I have not seen any Sony NEX-7 for sale anywhere.
                www.kennylohphoto.com || www.born-in-malaysia.com

Comment

that was fast?

stocks are already avaiable?

what's the street price for the combo? x1 pro + 35mm?

i wonder if prices for the x100 has dropped since the release of the x1 pro.

Originally posted by specky View Post
                  Just booked mine today and it should be delivered tomorrow. It will probably sell out very quickly. That is the X-Pro1 with 35mm f/1.4 lens. At least when Fujifilm launches a camera, they actually are serious about delivering.. Nikon D800, D4, Canon EOS-1DX are all delayed and there is no telling when anyone will take delivery of the Canon 5D Mk III. Meanwhile, I have not seen any Sony NEX-7 for sale anywhere.

Comment

The sensor on the X-Pro1 is radically different from that of any other DSLR or mirrorless out there. But I think what did it for me were the manual control dials for shutter speed and aperture on the lens. The size of the camera is near perfect and I'm sure any Leica M series owners will tell us that the size of the X-Pro1 is actually very similar. The X-Pro1 shouts out 'old school' and for those of us fortunate enough to have learnt photography using a Nikon F2 or even the Olympus OM-1 and OM-2, you'd know what I mean. For the enthusiast, this could be the camera worth waiting for!

Comment

X-Pro1 with 35mm f/1.4 is 7,600.

Comment

I checked with my dealer, they have body but no lens yet!

Did your dealer confirm they have body and lens?

Comment

Re: X100 or X-Pro1.

yeah.. it was YL in Jaya 33. He only had the body but mentioned that tomorrow, the kit is coming..

Comment

There was no indication when the lens will arrive when I called my dealer. Anyway I booked mine.

Good to know the lens will be out soon.

Comment

Yeah.. better check with your dealer because stock is arriving tomorrow. I might just bump into you tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X