X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X100 Firmware Update Ver.1.20 is out

Excellent news for all X100 owners.

New features added to this firmware.
    1. Some functions, which can be set to "Fn" button and shown as "Fn BUTTON" in SET-UP menu, can be also set to RAW button. After pressing the command dial to right in the SET-UP menu of "Fn BUTTON", "Fn" and "RAW" are displayed and each of selectable them, Also, by holding down RAW button for more than 3 seconds, same type of selection menu for RAW button is displayed, just as short-cut procedure.
    2. By selecting in "ISO" menu in the shooting menu, either ISO sensitivity value or "ISO AUTO CONTROL" can be selected.
    3. When AF MODE is set to "AREA" in Single AF (AF-S) mode, active focus point is zoomed in (magnified to approx 5x) by pressing center of the command control.
    4. When "ND FILTER" is set to "Fn" button or "RAW" button, setting between ON ("ND" is displayed) or OFF ("ND" is NOT displayed) can be changeable by pressing "Fn" button or "RAW" button, which is set for "ND FILTER".
    5. When the image is shot with vertical angle of the camera and played back the shot in the LCD, the image is displayed with whole area of LCD even after pressing "playback zoom in" button.
    6. When the human face is shot, the detected face is displayed during the playing back, and pressing the command dial to down, detected face is magnified during displaying.
    7. AE control system and AF performance including AF speed has been improved for movie recording mode.

There is also a "FinePix X100 New Feature Guide" -http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digi..._manual_02.pdf

Re: X100 Firmware Update Ver.1.20 is out

Thanks for info and link. At least the RAW button is now customizable.

Comment

With this new FW, I will be keeping my X100 for good. Most of my concerns was addressed in this FW.
      My RAW button is now on ND. The ctr command can now be used to magnify focus area in AF-S.

Comment

how much is X100 selling now ?

Comment

AF speed and accuracy have all been fixed. Fast and accurate!!!

Comment

thank you for update...
            www.flickr.com/asmawiyusof

Comment

Woooowwww... amazing... my X100 seem just like awaken from long slumbering sleep...

Very responsive AE/AF ... Speed of operation...

Amazing...
              my other picture is at www.mkrash.com

Comment

2. By selecting in "ISO" menu in the shooting menu, either ISO sensitivity value or "ISO AUTO CONTROL" can be selected.

I thought they fix the Auto ISO but they didn't! It is still very cumbersome to switch from Auto ISO to manual ISO! What are the engineers thinking?!?! Do they even shoot photos?
                "Gear is good, vision is better." David duChemin

Comment

Originally posted by AhYap View Post

I thought they fix the Auto ISO but they didn't! It is still very cumbersome to switch from Auto ISO to manual ISO! What are the engineers thinking?!?! Do they even shoot photos?
                  Yeah.... Don't know why they couldn't have included the 'Auto ISO' function as one of the selections from the ISO menu. The Auto ISO settings menu can be separate if you want to change the settings but the option to turn it on/off should be in the same ISO menu.

Comment

Silly question but how do you check the firmware version on the X100? Can't seem to find anything on this in the manual or menu. Tks...

Comment

Originally posted by Bassraptor View Post
                      Silly question but how do you check the firmware version on the X100? Can't seem to find anything on this in the manual or menu. Tks...
                      Check out the fuji film site for detailed instructions on firmware updates.

Hold down the 'back' button and turn the camera on to check firmware.

Comment

Thanks, got that ... 1.13...

Comment

Originally posted by mlee8088 View Post
                          how much is X100 selling now ?
                          My friend bought one last week for RM3200 including case ^_^
                          http://www.ipohmaliphotography.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by lfchang1984 View Post
                            My friend bought one last week for RM3200 including case ^_^
                            sounds a good deal. where ? i have been searching in JB, no good offer.

Comment

I keep downloading the update, but the file size being downloaded says 32.3MB instead of the 32.2 shown ... and when download completed, and I check again, the filesize is 33.9MB ... any idea what's going on, guys, is that safe to upload to my SD card and X100? Am using a Mac Mini, btw ....

Comment

Working...
                              X