Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

    Hi dear all,

    I would like ask for all pros for advices and experince ,
    Do this lens nice in use ,sharp , great photo effect .?
    And how much it cost ..?
    Thanks for the advices in first .
    Bedt regard
    Alex

  • #2
    Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Do this lens good ..?

    I'm told this lens is not worth getting. Keat Camera has one on a Canon RF body and it has been on the shelf for more than 2 years.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Do this lens good ..?

      Hi and thanks again Mr Noordin,
      Mind you to explain me what is th matter of the lens..? Do it have the matters of focusing or soft image ..?
      Thanks and best regard
      Alex

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Do this lens good ..?

        Its soft wide open

        There's one for sale on ftz for 9000RM
        http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

          Waoooo , it cos alot man . What is the reasonable price we should buy it if from oversea ..?
          Do such lens famous ..?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

            Originally posted by alex9999 View Post
            Waoooo , it cos alot man . What is the reasonable price we should buy it if from oversea ..?
            Do such lens famous ..?
            Great photo effect, what effect? If you want the soft dreamy look then it certainly does it, mind you, soft and dreamy throughout the field. So sharpness, no. not sharp.
            example shots : http://www.flickr.com/photos/doo3/se...7606803194199/
            It will be around 8000~10000 MYR everywhere.
            What body are you using? Do you really need that f0.95? There are other good alternatives out there. No 0.95 for sure though, for the price.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

              It is just bragging rights...don't think it will ever get used as an everyday lens
              Maxby has a facebook too

              PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                The Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.1 may be a more economical (and modern!) choice. It's huge and heavy though.

                http://shashinki.com/shop/voigtlande...ns-p-3244.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                  It blocks the finder to quite an extent.

                  And I read that you need to use a toothpick to press the lens release
                  http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                    Originally posted by whatsaysjimmy View Post
                    Great photo effect, what effect? If you want the soft dreamy look then it certainly does it, mind you, soft and dreamy throughout the field. So sharpness, no. not sharp.
                    example shots : http://www.flickr.com/photos/doo3/se...7606803194199/
                    It will be around 8000~10000 MYR everywhere.
                    What body are you using? Do you really need that f0.95? There are other good alternatives out there. No 0.95 for sure though, for the price.
                    I do likethe 0.95 if it is nice in use . In night too .
                    Im using it on my M9P . Will it suitable in use ..?
                    So much thanks to you . Bro .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                      Originally posted by Dan95 View Post
                      It blocks the finder to quite an extent.

                      And I read that you need to use a toothpick to press the lens release
                      I think So . It is big , but if at that sizes is good . Im don mind to keep it . haaha
                      thanks my pros

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                        Originally posted by alex9999 View Post
                        I do likethe 0.95 if it is nice in use . In night too .
                        Im using it on my M9P . Will it suitable in use ..?
                        So much thanks to you . Bro .
                        Of course it would work flawlessly, IF it were converted to M mount by a competent technician.
                        http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                          Originally posted by Dan95 View Post
                          Of course it would work flawlessly, IF it were converted to M mount by a competent technician.
                          Hahaha Thanks pal , Seams great .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                            Originally posted by alex9999 View Post
                            Hahaha Thanks pal , Seams great .

                            Go to Keat and talk to Raymond. He has one on a Canon RF body. If it is as good as people make it out to be I would have bought it long ago. Please save your money. If you want a lens for your Leica that's a good investment, get a Noctilux 1.0 or better still the 0.95. I have both and frankly I have never even used the 0.95 since I bought it.

                            You keep asking if it's good and I said it's not. If you buy it I'm sure you'll be disappointed. Then you will surely have problem trying to flog it later.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Canon 50mm f0.95, Is this lens good ..?

                              Originally posted by noordin View Post
                              Go to Keat and talk to Raymond. He has one on a Canon RF body. If it is as good as people make it out to be I would have bought it long ago. Please save your money. If you want a lens for your Leica that's a good investment, get a Noctilux 1.0 or better still the 0.95. I have both and frankly I have never even used the 0.95 since I bought it.

                              You keep asking if it's good and I said it's not. If you buy it I'm sure you'll be disappointed. Then you will surely have problem trying to flog it later.
                              Thanks agian Me Noordin ,
                              I think so , for Most leica user once he get a bad effect , will flog off the lens hahaha. I have no budget to get the f1 or the f0.95 for L haha . Just have a try this lens on my body or the sony nex haha afor fun .
                              So might ask for all pros opinion here .
                              Thanks .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X