google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html l My Journey to Tibet with Leica M l - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

l My Journey to Tibet with Leica M l

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: l My Journey to Tibet with Leica M l

The Rapeseed Field in Lhasa, Tibet

Click image for larger version

Name:	00295.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	3434474

Comment

Potala Palace...

Name:	L1008070.jpg
Size:	452.0 KB
ID:	3434499

Comment

Name:	00367-Edit-2.jpg
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	3434532

The frontal view inside the ground of the Potala Palace

Comment

I get what you mean. I was in Western Sichuan (Khampa Tibet) a couple of weeks ago, and it took me 6 hours to reach Kangding (altitude 2,400m) from Ya'an, which is only about 200km away. Did you pass by any cyclists? I saw a lot around the area and talked to one. He started cycling from Chongqing and plans to take 1 month to reach Lhasa.

Originally posted by khaireen View Post
          At the time of writing this post, I am in Chengdu and will be going home on 11pm Flight home to KL.

On the whole, I 've found that this Tibet Photosafari was most challenging because of the long journey from Xining to Lhasa which covered 2,543km over a period of 5 days on a chartered bus and the travelling time on each day was about on average 6 to 7 hours. This had enabled us to acclimatise as we ascended from 2,000m to the peak of Kunlun Mountain Pass of 5,200m and descended to reach Lhasa of 3,600m. There was a participant, Wil Thimster, who joined the trip to Lhasa for the second time. According to Will, his first trip, was flying in direct from Chengdu to Lhasa, which was quite a bad experience. His wife and two children suffered AMS ( Altitude Mountain Sickness ) and had to cut short the stay in Lhasa after 3 days spent in the hospital for AMS treatment.

So, my advice/ suggestion for anyone who wishes to go to Lhasa is to travel by train fron Chengdu to Lhasa over a period over 3 days or breaking journey in-between. Please do not attempt to fly direct into Lhasa from Chengdu which normally takes about 2 and half hour to save time unless you can physically and mentally adapt the altitude and you will not be affected by AMS.

Comment

Working...
          X