google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html shooting leica in film vs digital in 2015 - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shooting leica in film vs digital in 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shooting leica in film vs digital in 2015

Hi guys. I have this classic question in which many ppl might knew the answers but I am still on the verge of making decision, as currently my budget can get me a m6 with lens or m8 with lens. In which most reliable is m6 with film but I am not sure about the cost, my concern with m8 as it is an electronic camera, and all of us know electronic components might fail as it's an decade old camera model. Hope any pro can share some experience here.
    I am truly endure leica camera, it is like my dream to shoot with one.

Re: shooting leica in film vs digital in 2015

Have you ever tried shooting a rf camera?

Comment

No. It will be my first time. All this while I am shooting digital.

Comment

" it is like my dream to shoot with one.[/QUOTE]" Rangefinder camera shooting is "different" in more respects; and Leicas and lenses are not cheap; so try out one before you buy

Comment

a Minolta CLE is a M6 on steroids and takes m-mount lenses. Something to consider knowing that the camera won't burn too deep in your pocket and if it does not work out you can still keep the lens(es) to mount on any other digital rangefinder / camera that takes m-mount lenses.

It took Leica close to 20 years to come up with the M7 to match the Minolta CLE.
          [URL="http://www.loveanda35.com"]Portfolio / Blog / Photography Course[/URL] | [URL="http://instagram.com/loveanda35#"]Instagram[/URL] | [URL="https://twitter.com/loveanda35"]Twitter[/URL]

Comment

Boils down to preference, really. Am having an M8 and despite its quirkiness, I'm still loving it everyday. So much so that it's the only camera that I have right now.

Comment

My advice is get an M8, for easier transition from the digital DSLR. That way, you just concentrate on the differences between DSLR and RF camera, without having to worry about where to get and develop the film.

Plus, since its a manual camera, you can develop your skills and get faster feedback of your shot, without having to wait for films to be developed. Built your confidence on the M8 and enjoy the process of taking photos. Dont worry about the outcome yet. You will learn in no time, no biggie and its not as scary as a lot of people make it sound

No need to get leica glass first, if budget is an issue. A voigtlander or Zeiss ZM are good lenses as well for starters.

I've been using the Leica M240 for quite a while now and just got myself a used M8 and a Voigtlader 28 F2, coz its so cheap now. I love the M8, though a bit slow in the processing power.

Comment

Working...
              X