Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

get a TTL sync cord, (like an SC-17 cord that linked yout SB speedlights and your Nik

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get a TTL sync cord, (like an SC-17 cord that linked yout SB speedlights and your Nik

I saw master Ted got one...

it is an interesting gadget...a TTL sync cord, (like an SC-17 cord that linked yout SB speedlights and your Nikon camera)

where can i get it n how much will it cost....?

oso, will it work on my sb600?

pls... those who can answer the questions... tell me the answers...
    succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

Re: get a TTL sync cord, (like an SC-17 cord that linked yout SB speedlights and your Nik

if we can do wireless .why do we need cord?
    me just asking here

Comment

Re: get a TTL sync cord, (like an SC-17 cord that linked yout SB speedlights and your Nik

Originally posted by mdshah76
      me just asking here
      true... but sometimes... infrared sensor is quite naughty ... n u must make them facing the camera in order to be effective...

Comment

The new Nikon TTL sync cords are the SC-28 and SC29.
        The only difference between the two is that the SC-29 has an added AF-assist LED which stays with the camera body to help with focusing in dark conditions. As for the price and where to get them, someone else will have to answer this. The SC-17 will work perfectly with your i-TTL compatible setup. So if you already have one, there's no real need to switch.

BTW, the camera or the speedlights dont have to face anywhere in particular to get them working. They can be placed in any orientation as long as they are within range, then they should work.

Comment

Originally posted by ykgen
          true... but sometimes... infrared sensor is quite naughty ... n u must make them facing the camera in order to be effective...

me also think the same way before ..
          but then when me saw the cls manual and how they setup and position the SB ..it is impossible to make sure this thing happen ie facing the camera.

check your sbx00 manual especially on the CLS book.

Comment

Even if in the odd chance that the receiver does not pick up the IR signal, you can always face it the way it works and rotate the flash head to wherever you want it to be fired. No problemo.

And yes, both SC-29 and SC-28 will work with your SB600. Even the SC-17 will work perfectly too.

Comment

Re: get a TTL sync cord, (like an SC-17 cord that linked yout SB speedlights and your

SC-28...got mine for rm230.00...works with my sb-600...
              ...SC-29 also works as an external AF-assist illuminator
              Comfortably numb...

Comment

Originally posted by mdshah76
                me just asking here
                Because not every camera has a built-in flash that can act as a commander.

Besides, if you have a built-in flash that can act as a commander, you sometimes do not want the lighting from the built-in flash to contribute to the overall exposure. Hence the need for the TTL cord.

Comment

Re: get a TTL sync cord, (like an SC-17 cord that linked yout SB speedlights and your

Originally posted by red406
                  SC-28...got mine for rm230.00...works with my sb-600...
                  ...SC-29 also works as an external AF-assist illuminator
                  Thanks for the SC-28 info. Did you enquire how much the SC-29 cable cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Initiald
                    Thanks for the SC-28 info. Did you enquire how much the SC-29 cable cost?
                    ..add another rm100.00, or thereabouts...
                    Comfortably numb...

Comment

very informative... but what's the difference between sc28 n sc29?

Comment

Originally posted by ykgen
                        very informative... but what's the difference between sc28 n sc29?
                        Read mikench's first reply to this thread.

Comment

I am honoured that my humble little nick gets a mention here in this thread...

I am not worthy....
                          Behind The Scene by ted adnan ...

Comment

Originally posted by ted
                            I am honoured that my humble little nick gets a mention here in this thread...

I am not worthy....

master ted, actually there are many dying to learn from u hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Initiald
                              Because not every camera has a built-in flash that can act as a commander.

Besides, if you have a built-in flash that can act as a commander, you sometimes do not want the lighting from the built-in flash to contribute to the overall exposure. Hence the need for the TTL cord.

but the thread starter is using d70 (check his signature)
                              ..that's why i'm asking that question ...

+ i think light coming from build-in flash is too minimal to give any impact to object when we set to C mode ...

me not good also ..that's why me join this weekend CLS class.

Comment

Working...
                              X