Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [WTA] Getting Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm F2.8 - New VS Used

Hi,

Planning to get the Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm F2.8.

I am wondering if its better to get a new one versus a used. I saw used ones being sold at RM 1800 but shashinki is selling for around RM 2000.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me if its possible to get used at RM 1800 or lower, and/or if its better to just get a new one.

Thanks.

Re: [WTA] Getting Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm F2.8 - New VS Used

I have not seen a used one going lower than rm1500.
    You need to scout around.
    This baby here commands respect as the best third party UWA lens for DX.especially shooting in lowlight.
    The resale value is high.So do get a new one if you are into landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by krait84 View Post
      Hi,

Planning to get the Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm F2.8.

I am wondering if its better to get a new one versus a used. I saw used ones being sold at RM 1800 but shashinki is selling for around RM 2000.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me if its possible to get used at RM 1800 or lower, and/or if its better to just get a new one.

Thanks.
      Maybe, you should post your requirement and budget in buy/sell section?

If you are lucky, you may find a seller who can match your budget and requirement. The lowest price for new one in my hometown is 1950 and second-hand price is around 1600-1750.

Comment

Not able to post at the buy/sell section yet bro.

I'm a newbie at this forum. Still at my 2nd post onli. So I'm here to ask around first on the info.

But thanks for the indication on the price range. But like irenecal said, its really not selling at much of a discount compared to the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by krait84 View Post
          Not able to post at the buy/sell section yet bro.

I'm a newbie at this forum. Still at my 2nd post onli. So I'm here to ask around first on the info.

But thanks for the indication on the price range. But like irenecal said, its really not selling at much of a discount compared to the new ones.
          This wide angle is like 50mm 1.8g. When the demand is high and the supply is medium, the second-hand price is not likely to go down further.

Comment

i've been wondering about the same thing.
            is it better to get a new one...(1970 cheapest i found with 'shop warranty') or a used one (1700 and no warranty but bought with original tokina warranty, as the seller said).

which one guys??

Comment

Emmm, I'll only consider used lense if the price are 50% cheaper than new.....
              As you already said, 1970 with full warranty and 1700 without full warranty(beware, warranty most of the time does not allow change name)....
              If you think that 270 is like god, then better don't waste money on DSLRs....

Comment

true also.
                oh well, im looking at 10-24mm now as someone offered it to me

Comment

check this out.... sigma 10-20mm

Comment

Working...
                  X