google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html what is the best lens for wedding under nikon d7000 - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best lens for wedding under nikon d7000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best lens for wedding under nikon d7000

Hi, just want to know what lens is for the wedding, as i using d7000

Re: what is the best len for wedding under nikon d7000

Tamron 17-50 VC, 2.8

Comment

The lens thats WITH you will be the best lens, for wedding, anniversary, birthday.....

There are millions way to shoot a good wedding, either use what you have, or buy the Holy Trinity + a Micro lens + a Fish Eye. With that you are all covered.

Comment

If there is only one lens to choose from, definitely the king of DX AF-S 17-55mm f2.8!
        http://www.ipohmaliphotography.blogspot.com

Comment

It seems you are just getting started, I would suggest either the Tammy 17-50 or the Nikkor 17-55 if you have budget. Moderate wide to medium tele @f2.8 allows you to cover most situations

Comment

But one of my friend tell me that for wedding tamaron or Nikon 24-70 f2.8 is the better lens for wedding and also for indoor wedding, what is the best setting for it with flash.

Comment

As I going to take a casual shot on next week wedding, I going to use Nikon 18-105 with nissin flash for it, just want to know if with flash or not flash, the setting is what for the best specially for indoor

Comment

Then try it out first.... 18-105 is not a bad lense.... Just make sure the ISO are set right....
                The ISO performance are quite good for D7000, you can get decent photos with ISO1600....
                This is the main difference of D7000 compare to other older DX bodies....

Comment

Thank kyheng, thank you for your suggestion, if use ISO 1600, will it be too much noise.....

Comment

wow, u have no idea what u want, and u want to go shoot a wedding?
                    i'm pretty sure i know what the bride / groom will want to do with you after the wedding once they see the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Glampyre View Post
                      wow, u have no idea what u want, and u want to go shoot a wedding?
                      i'm pretty sure i know what the bride / groom will want to do with you after the wedding once they see the pics.
                      Sign in for photography class,perhaps?

Comment

nikkor 17-55...puashati
                        Photography Is My Passion

Comment

If your skills are not upto par yet, stick with 18-105 first, no point of wasting money and at the end of day regret....

Comment

Originally posted by flash84 View Post
                            But one of my friend tell me that for wedding tamaron or Nikon 24-70 f2.8 is the better lens for wedding and also for indoor wedding, what is the best setting for it with flash.
                            The Nikon 24-70 is a great lens no doubt about it, imho it's more suitable for FX bodies as 24mm on FX is moderate wide, while on DX 24mm is already 35mm. At that focal length it will be hard to get 'scene' shots or even group shots.

The FX equivalent of 24-70 in DX would be 17-50, so that is a very safe range. 18-105 is a versatile lens, as a kit lens, good for beginners. As some have mentioned, try to shoot more before actually going live shooting =)

Comment

Originally posted by flash84 View Post
                              As I going to take a casual shot on next week wedding, I going to use Nikon 18-105 with nissin flash for it, just want to know if with flash or not flash, the setting is what for the best specially for indoor
                              i assume that u r not the OP for the wedding event...the best setting if u wanna shoot indoor is u must come early & do a test shot...just set everything to manual (white balance,shutter speed,ISO,aperture,flash etc)..if using D7000 at ISO 1600,u dun hv to worry about the noise...but try set the ISO within 400-800...aperture perhaps around 2.8 - 5.6..shutter speed around 1/60 - 1/200...once u get the right setting..then u can enjoy shooting..imho..
                              Photography Is My Passion

Comment

Working...
                              X