Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

    Good news. nikon released the full details of their two new zoom lens for DX and FX

    here is the link

    i was hoping the 24-85mm filter size to be 77mm.

    The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens will be available at the end of June 2012 with retail price of USD$999.95. The AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR lens will also be available at the end of June 2012 with retail price of USD$599.95.

  • #2
    Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

    Whoa, that's an early announcement. Does the economical FX 24-85 signals the start of Nikkor affordable FX lens? Hope so!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

      The old 24-85 is already very affordable and underrated, slightly smaller and lighter than the VR version (takes 67mm filter compared to 72mm for the new 24-85 VR)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

        18-300mm VR may be a good option for those who don't want more than 1 lens to carry. I am looking at the 18-200mm now. Have to save money.
        "Don't shoot to kill; Shoot to cherish the moment"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

          I have 18-200VR2 since 2010. Maybe it's good time to upgrade now. Woohoo!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

            18-300 yum yum yum.......

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

              The 24-85mm f/2.8-4d requires 72mm diameter filter.
              I don't see any reason for pp buying this d-type lens.
              Shoot or be shot...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                Originally posted by wochomi View Post
                The 24-85mm f/2.8-4d requires 72mm diameter filter.
                I don't see any reason for pp buying this d-type lens.
                The D lenses are more useful for those who still shoot old mechanical Nikon film cameras. This would give them the mobility and option to switch between film or digital with the added advantage of AF when shooting digital. Best of both world
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/beautiful_oblivion/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                  Originally posted by wilsonblitz View Post

                  The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens will be available at the end of June 2012 with retail price of USD$999.95. .
                  wow +/- RM3k :S ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                    I just got the 28-300 VR2 last week and its very impressive. Attached to a D800 is amazing. These modern super zooms are changing the way we by glass now. So the 18-300 DX should be no problem.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                      Is it worth getting the 24-85mm to pair with my D90?
                      Shoot or be shot...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                        Originally posted by wochomi View Post
                        Is it worth getting the 24-85mm to pair with my D90?
                        to me, 24mm is not wide enough. Drives me crazy if I can't back up to 18mm....
                        Rather get the 16-85mm VR in this case. Which is what I'm using now, 16mm rocks!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                          Originally posted by Sushimonster View Post
                          to me, 24mm is not wide enough. Drives me crazy if I can't back up to 18mm....
                          Rather get the 16-85mm VR in this case. Which is what I'm using now, 16mm rocks!
                          +1 but 16-85 not cheap bro

                          24mm is definitely not wide. On film and full frame it's ample but on APSC it's neither here nor there. At the same time, 85mm is also neither here or there.
                          But hey, if you can live with it and it suits your style, why not? I think it's a splendid lens, just that I don't find it really useful on DX. Place a rubber band and leave your lens at 24. Go try shoot some landscapes with it. If it suits you then go for it. Your kit lens is still better the 24-85 any day in terms of useful focal length.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/beautiful_oblivion/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                            Originally posted by daniel_lkk View Post
                            +1 but 16-85 not cheap bro

                            24mm is definitely not wide. On film and full frame it's ample but on APSC it's neither here nor there. At the same time, 85mm is also neither here or there.
                            But hey, if you can live with it and it suits your style, why not? I think it's a splendid lens, just that I don't find it really useful on DX. Place a rubber band and leave your lens at 24. Go try shoot some landscapes with it. If it suits you then go for it. Your kit lens is still better the 24-85 any day in terms of useful focal length.
                            Yah... I find the 18-105mm very useful indeed. Had an affair with Tamron 17-55mm f/2.8 and didn't really like the 55mm limit. Hope the D600 will come out soon, so that late D90 adopters (like myself) will upgrade to Fx without blowing our wallet.
                            Shoot or be shot...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 18-300mm VR & 24-85mm VR Lens

                              Originally posted by daniel_lkk View Post

                              24mm is definitely not wide. On film and full frame it's ample but on APSC it's neither here nor there.
                              But hey, if you can live with it and it suits your style, why not?
                              Exactly .. I'm speaking from an DX point of view ...24mm is a crazy focal length for me but that may not be so for others. If you can live with it, go for it! In the end, it's to each his own. One man's meat is another man's poison.

                              Right now the favourite lens is 11-16mm .. crazy wide and crazy sharp, very tasty.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X