Nikon EN-EL3 recall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nikon EN-EL3 recall

will Nikon replace EN-EL3a to all affected customer?

Comment

Originally posted by philipcs
      will Nikon replace EN-EL3a to all affected customer?
      maybe.. maybe not.. you just gotta hope they run out of EN-EL3 (plus no longer in production).. and only have EN-EL3a to give away.. but i don't think it'll happen. EN-EL3 is still part of the D50 kit.

Comment

Mine listed

Btw, do we hv to bring warranty card or receipt of purchased?
        I thnk should go nex week, now should be lack of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by mabul81
          Mine listed

Btw, do we hv to bring warranty card or receipt of purchased?
          I thnk should go nex week, now should be lack of stock.
          No, just bring the battery.

Comment

not sure if this is good or bad news, but mine is the affected batch ~ 4AAF...
            Dr Koh Kho King
            Wise men still seek Him!
            www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Comment

Originally posted by khoking
              not sure if this is good or bad news, but mine is the affected batch ~ 4AAF...
              KK, always see things in the positive light. Must always see half glass full. Not half glass empty.

Comment

Damn!!!! mine is affected too... 47 series
                luckily the second battery is not... can still continue to shoot, if the need arises.

Called Nikon Malaysia this morning... "we dont have replacement stock... try calling back on Monday next week".

Comment

EN-EL3a not affected, right?

Comment

It's funny.....I bought both my EL-EL3 3 years ago and they are batch numbers 2A 2J - very far away from the "4" series batch numbers affected by this recall. Guess what, 3 years ago, these batts were Made In Japan. Mine has it clearly stated at the back of the battery. It says "Made In Japan", not "Nikon Corp, Japan"

I read that the batches affected by this recall were Made in China. (could be mistaken)

If so, I think this might be a clear example (and many will argue with me) that it is difficult to track quality once they OEM a product out to an outside supplier outside their control.

*yes coming bcak to that Made In Thailand issue with the D200*

sigh....
                    chien

Comment

I will have to change my batt in Japan...but my Nihongo is not pass now...so cant call/telephone Nikon Japan...errr...
                      Dr Koh Kho King
                      Wise men still seek Him!

Comment

I will have to change my batt in Japan...but my Nihongo is not pass now...so cant call/telephone Nikon Japan...errr...
                        Hehe, ask ur prof to help?

Comment

Called Nikon Malaysia this morning... "we dont have replacement stock... try calling back on Monday next week".

she said to me... "next tuesday will have new stock.."

Comment

Make friends with a Jap buddy and ask a favour from him/her.

Besides, I think it's not dire problem that needs to be replaced immediately. There are possibilities of shorting the battery but if it was too dangerous to even use it normally, Nikon would prohibit usage of the battery all in one go.

Comment

Originally posted by Initiald
                              Make friends with a Jap buddy and ask a favour from him/her.

Besides, I think it's not dire problem that needs to be replaced immediately. There are possibilities of shorting the battery but if it was too dangerous to even use it normally, Nikon would prohibit usage of the battery all in one go.
                              yeah...I will ask my Jap junior to help. Definitely not going to trouble my prof for the personal thingy...

So far only 4 cases of battery overheat/explode around the world...that's very very rare cases consider the number of D70 sold...and D100...and D50...
                              Dr Koh Kho King
                              Wise men still seek Him!

Comment

damn, kena.... 1 out of 2 batts need to go back

Comment

Working...
                                X