Clear All

Re: Nikon EN-EL3 recall

mine listed ...2 bijik kena tuka ...

Comment

I've got 2 as well.

Comment

jst called to Nikon this morning, they asked me not to come today or tomorrow, no stock already, call again next week before go.

Comment

Why so bad? i cannot see anything which is worst than Nikon give you a total brand new battery which is not in the market yet, i got my EN-EL3e which is for Nikon D200, and increase from 1400 to 1500,
          and this EN-EL3e is much more expensive than the old one.

think back, you use the batt for couple of month, and maybe 1-2 year, in the end they give u a new one, but the ONLY bad is u need to go down,
          i think it's still consider good.

bring the batt and get the replacement without second question.

good or bad?

Comment

just got new batteries ..EN-EL3e ..Mr Paul ( Nikon Service Exe ) said only 4 camerad effected worldwide ..maybe exploded...so Nikon has to recall back all the batteries ...

Comment

so is mine.
              damn...anyway can also ask them to clean my CCD as well,
              2 birds with one stone.
              hehehe.....might go next friday. Anybody want to tag along?

Comment

so they replace the ENEL3 with ENEL3a?

(is that an encouragement to upgrade to D200?)
                Dr Koh Kho King
                Wise men still seek Him!
                www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Comment

erm, D200 is ENEL3e, no ENEL3a, and its not backwards compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by BurgaFlippinMan
                    "e" stands for Electronic in that is communicates remaining batt life to the camera (remaining shots / minutes etc). I think you can use the "a" for the D200 but no feedback or remaining batt life might be inaccurate.

chien

Comment

Originally posted by BurgaFlippinMan
                      sorry...I am getting more confused.

So Nikon is replacing problematic ENEL3 with ENEL3e? Can the ENEL3e be used in D100 and D70 and D50?

I understand that you cant use ENEL3 in D200, as there is a catch on the battery that cant be slot into the D200. No, you cant put in the ENEL3 into D200.
                      Dr Koh Kho King
                      Wise men still seek Him!
                      www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Comment

I think is fair, old battery change to new battery, whether is EL3 or EL3a.

Can't complain much why out of stock. Can't expect Nikon to keep quiet, wait till they have stock up the battery then only they annouce this issue??? Of course not..

They have to announce the public first, which they have did, (thumbs up) so the public take precaution when using the battery on their camera.
                        [URL="http://www.magicalshots.com"]Wedding Photographer Malaysia[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by khoking
                          Can the ENEL3e be used in D100 and D70 and D50?

From the photo, it looks like it shouldn't be any problem.

I don't want to be guinea pig.
                          [URL="http://www.magicalshots.com"]Wedding Photographer Malaysia[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by bUGG

From the photo, it looks like it shouldn't be any problem.

I don't want to be guinea pig.
                            Looks similar enuff judging by size and diameter of the EN-EL3 and EN-EL3e, but gaps of the contact points (+ive -ive) might be an issue. And if you noticed, EN-EL3e has 3 contact points, not 2.
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/petrofsky77

Comment

Hallo...just came back from Nikon Service Center. My friend got his replacement and the new batt is EN-EL3a leh... same like my D70s 1500mha

Comment

I went in to clean my CCD & the funnything was the receptionist never once mentioned to check my batt seeing it was a D70. What awareness!
                                http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=588838571

Comment

Working...
                                X