If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
just bought my GF1. now is charging battery.......according to the shop, i am the 3rd person who own this baby...........only 196 units allocate for malaysia. 1 unit for melaka & 1 unit for ipoh only........many shop only get the stock by tomorrow......
My colleague brought his Panasonic GF1 to work. So during lunch we went to Papa Rich for lunch and to test the performance of the 20mm f/1.7 pancake lens in low light situation.
When u first see the GF1, u cannot help but to think it is a point and shoot (like the LX3). So your initial perception is that it will focus and perform like a point and shoot.
Boy was I in for a shock when I tried it. Immediately whatever perception I had of the GF1 earlier had already vanished.
What I was holding in my hands then was a mini DSLR minus the size and weight but yet still feels solid.
Below are my initial findings:
- Amazingly quick auto focus speed
- Face Detection auto focus worked. I shot my own self-portrait and the focus on my face (eyes was sharp) was spot on.
- The screen was bright and the images had very good color saturation and contrast.
- When u press the shutter release, u can feel and hear the shutter like any DSLR. Maybe the shutter is more silent than any DSLR.
- The video taken with the 20mm f/1.7 lens really look like professional grade kind of video like those shallow depth of field scenes in the HEROES tv series.
- The pop up flash is so cute!!!
The big aperture from the 20mm f/1.7 pancake is truly useful in low light situations like indoors and at night. Perfect for available light photography which I myself is a fan of.
I'm awaiting the sample shots to be uploaded by my friend.