would i regret buying k-01 than k-5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would i regret buying k-01 than k-5?

I am toying of buying k-01 as the reviews all seem to put in on par and even better in some aspects to k-5. And its half the price! Would I regret buying k-01? What do you guys think? have you say here...

Re: would i regret buying k-01 than k-5?

I can only say one thing...you have 3 days more to go b4 the preorder of K01 expires....and you will loose RM200 discount + free remote control F and Sandisk 8G Extremem HD video SDHC + 2 years warranty : )
    Last edited by wtay0001; 28-03-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wtay0001 View Post
      I can only say one thing...you have 3 days more to go b4 the preorder of K01 expires....and you will loose RM200 discount + free remote control F and Sandisk 8G Extremem HD video SDHC : )
      Poison alert.haha
      www.flickr.com/photos/azerak01

Comment

I review some of the video n photo on the net. They are indeed very good from this little k-01. I will say it is better than k-5 except viewfinder. The size is more o less the same. For a mirrorless it is a bit too big but the good think is u can use the existing limited lens. Just in case u regred not getting k-5. All ur lens still compatible with the dlsr. So switching between dslr n the mirrorless really will not ba a problem. On top of that, the price is just like a premium compact... If u don mind the size, it is a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by lufc2001 View Post
          I am toying of buying k-01 as the reviews all seem to put in on par and even better in some aspects to k-5. And its half the price! Would I regret buying k-01? What do you guys think? have you say here...
          I think it is really a personal preference as well. I've used a Olympus P1 and I just cannot get use to not having a viewfinder. The K5 is also a tough choice now, since it is probably at the end of it's life cycle.

Comment

k-r

Comment

k-5 can get second hand body close to the price of a new body only k-01, if you find hard enough.

and you get WR magnesium alloy body, loads of dials and control, etc. etc.

unless fussy about video controls (or want a few heads to turn to look at your yellow camera), a k-5 seems like a better choice since size almost the same. IMHO.

Comment

K-01 share the same image sensor with K5, to me it is just an old wine in a new bottle. except without the optical view finder & wearing a designer outfit (which does not contribute to the better IQ), further more have max ISO setting that is lower. If you are a frequent outdoor user, you will probably cursing for not having neither OVF nor EVF, because LCD just does not work under bright sun. If you bring in a magnifier loupe to solve the problem, the total volumetric of the loupe with the K-01 will end up bigger than a K-5.
                Last edited by Patrick Fan; 29-03-2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

is there anywhere to get a hands on K-01? the hands on always is one of the final things to do before making a decision...

Comment

For folks who mati-mati concern about the LCD glareness under the sun, you can get this loupe. I tested it with K01. Super sharp and solve 100% of the problem. The loupe can flip up and down for you to look at the LCD without the loupe. You can even detach the loupe easily for storage. Best of all, you now have a 3.0" Viewfinder now at your disposal. If you plan to use K01 for video shooting, this is gonna be an excellent investment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GGS-3x-LCD-V...item4ab27300e8

Comment

I'm hunting for this little baby to replace all my big body, but price is on high side in ebay, hear that SG is selling for SGD999 body + 40mmXS lens, what will be the price in MY after the RM200 discount

Comment

It really depend on your shooting style . If you are used to more controls the k5 is a better option . If you are not than k01 is better . Better camera doesn't improve your shots just better tools

Comment

Originally posted by cutypuppy View Post
                          I'm hunting for this little baby to replace all my big body, but price is on high side in ebay, hear that SG is selling for SGD999 body + 40mmXS lens, what will be the price in MY after the RM200 discount
                          Pre order price are
                          - K01 with 40mm XS = RM2699
                          - K01 with DA1855= RM2499
                          - K01 with DA1855 +DA50200= RM2899

You can always check the price here

Comment

Viewfinder and more dials on body is my choice..so I would go for 2nd hand K-5 over K-01..
                            I have NEX-5N and its more to shoot video..NEX-5N is much in the same segment to K-01, compact mirrorless with APS-C sensor..

Comment

is there anywhere to get a hands on K-01? the hands on always is one of the final things to do before making a decision...
                              DSLR in Subang Parade. Go play with the funky Yellow!

BUT... there is always a BUT somewhere, you'll loose the WR. So...

Comment

Working...
                              X