Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Zeiss ZM 35mm and 50mm

Hi guys,

I would like to ask what's your opinion between zeiss 35mm F2 and 50mm F2 .
    Currently I'm using a Leica M8.2 with a Voigtlander 40mm and I just sold off the lens few weeks ago.
    Anyone of you can share with me your experience with this two lens ?
    Let me know about the pricing and where is the best place to get at a reasonable price.
    I hope you guys would share your experience with me

Have a good day.

Regards,
    Nicholas.

Re: Carl Zeiss ZM 35mm and 50mm

Anyone using any of this lens ??

Comment

I prefer 35mm. The 50mm is too long for normal usage...
      U need to hunt zeiss... Ask around popular shop n compare price. N eBay also.

Comment

Originally posted by calvincychin View Post
        I prefer 35mm. The 50mm is too long for normal usage...
        U need to hunt zeiss... Ask around popular shop n commpare pric eBlay also.
        Agree with you. I can't see much shop selling zeiss. YL is selling zeiss gonna check it out from them when im free.

Comment

Maybe you can try check with Shriro!

Comment

Get a 28. Since the M8 has a 1.3* crop sensor
            http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasKhoDw View Post
              Hi guys,

I would like to ask what's your opinion between zeiss 35mm F2 and 50mm F2 .
              Currently I'm using a Leica M8.2 with a Voigtlander 40mm and I just sold off the lens few weeks ago.
              Anyone of you can share with me your experience with this two lens ?
              Let me know about the pricing and where is the best place to get at a reasonable price.
              I hope you guys would share your experience with me

Have a good day.

Regards,
              Nicholas.
              You cannot compare the performance of a 35mm and a 50mm. These are different focal lengths. By now, you should know what the kind of photography you like to do, whether it is landscape or street photography or something else. Leica M8.2 with 1.3 crop factor is great for street photography. Assuming, that's your genre of photography and the next thing you must know..is the comfortable shooting distance. An effective 50mm, 35mm, 28mm, 24mm and 21mm are focal lengths with working distances based on how close you want to be near the subject and also the background details. Normally, a 35mm is a focal length which is generally considered 'a standard lens in the rangefinder system'. It's just that you need to do a "Leg Zoom"..moving forward to get a close view and moving backward to get a wder angle of coverage.

Based on the camera you have...you need a 28mm to get an effective 35mm focal length. To me, Zeiss and Leica, the difference in the quality is unnoticeable. Both can do the job equally well....what is important is the man behind the camera..that's YOU...that decides on the quality not the camera & not the lens.

Comment

Originally posted by khaireen View Post
                Based on the camera you have...you need a 28mm to get an effective 35mm focal length. To me, Zeiss and Leica, the difference in the quality is unnoticeable. Both can do the job equally well....what is important is the man behind the camera..that's YOU...that decides on the quality not the camera & not the lens.
                ditto...
                I'm full time gear head, yes i am... :D

Comment

Originally posted by SHCheah View Post
                  Maybe you can try check with Shriro!

Just Google about it. Will check with them.
                  Thank you for your information

Comment

Originally posted by Dan95 View Post
                    Get a 28. Since the M8 has a 1.3* crop sensor
                    Hmmm if i go for zeiss 28 it will be F2.8
                    I need to bump up the iso too when it comes to low light condition.
                    It will be a lot of noise on my photo

Comment

Originally posted by khaireen View Post
                      You cannot compare the performance of a 35mm and a 50mm. These are different focal lengths. By now, you should know what the kind of photography you like to do, whether it is landscape or street photography or something else. Leica M8.2 with 1.3 crop factor is great for street photography. Assuming, that's your genre of photography and the next thing you must know..is the comfortable shooting distance. An effective 50mm, 35mm, 28mm, 24mm and 21mm are focal lengths with working distances based on how close you want to be near the subject and also the background details. Normally, a 35mm is a focal length which is generally considered 'a standard lens in the rangefinder system'. It's just that you need to do a "Leg Zoom"..moving forward to get a close view and moving backward to get a wder angle of coverage.

Originally posted by david.tan View Post
                      ditto...
                      Thanks for your advice. I mean build quality, pros and cons.
                      Hmm I think zeiss is a no brainier since its comparable with Leica lenses.
                      Tq for your advise.

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasKhoDw View Post
                        Hmmm if i go for zeiss 28 it will be F2.8
                        I need to bump up the iso too when it comes to low light condition.
                        It will be a lot of noise on my photo
                        Then either get the Cron ASPH or the 28 f1.9

Comment

Though the 28 f2 is better optically.

The only thing I hate about these lenses with small f numbers is ( most of them ) obstruct a small part of the viewfinder.

Comment

Bought the 35mm F2 last night the focusing tab is a little bit uncomfortable for me when it focus back to infinity.

Comment

Where did u managed to source the ZM?
                              [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X