HTC Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC Club

Well, since there's a "samsung club" here (even if it is limited to a specific model), I thought I'd start an HTC thread. Everyone knows that while Samsungs are pretty (it's a Korean thing...LGs are pretty, too), HTC has the best hardware and SenseUI is loads better then TouchWiz (*insert juvenile snicker here*) as a skin.

I've got a Desire HD (a.k.a. "Inspire 4G" in N. America) running Gingerbread.

You can see photos taken with my DHD (mostly via Vignette or retroCam) at http://www.photojazz.ws/phonography and I reviewed the phone at http://www.photojazz.ws/2011/01/htc-...rs-perspective.
    Buy my art

Re: HTC Club

i got Desire from the first week it was launch till today... still loving it and had costum rom...
    "always post in broken English"

Comment

HTC Desire HD and loving it
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I must say that I really envy HTC SenseUI interface. I am a Samsung Galaxy S owner...
        Dr Koh Kho King
        Wise men still seek Him!
        www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Comment

Sensation the BEST....

Comment

Desire HD, 1 week old...., so far so good....

Comment

Originally posted by klmj38 View Post
              Desire HD, 1 week old...., so far so good....
              Make sure you've got a couple extra batteries with you. Besides that, awesome phone.
              Buy my art

Comment

My Google phone's battery life is just too short. This is supposed to be the grandfather of the HTC....
                Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Comment

HTC based on Android, but in this brand some "rootkit" named as Carrier IQ is preinstalled. Look at this video

where he shows how software developed by mobile-device tracker Carrier IQ logs each keystroke and then sends them off to locations unknown. In addition, when Eckhart tried placing a call, Carrier IQ's software recorded each number before the call was even made.

Moreover, "The Carrier IQ application is embedded so deeply in the device that it can't be fully removed without rebuilding the phone from source code." he said.

takut lah...

Comment

HTC doesn't install Carrier IQ. Its the telecoms. The only manufacturers tha put it on their phones at the factory are Apple and RIM. Also, this video is misleading as it's only showing what's being logged, not what's being sent. ALL apps log keystrokes. How else are they going to know what keys you're pressing?

If you search the market for 'Voodoo CarrierIQ Detecter' you can find an app to check to see if you have it.
                    Buy my art

Comment

HTC Sensation XL owner here. Its 4.7" screen and I think HTC is better than Samsung....
                      Time is abstract... Time does not exist...

Comment

Originally posted by ndgoh View Post
                        HTC Sensation XL owner here. Its 4.7" screen and I think HTC is better than Samsung....
                        The construction is definitely better...unibody aluminum compared to plastic. Also, Sense is far, far better than any of the other manufacturer Android mods.

On that note, my Desire HD was finally updated to Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0, which is great...but it looks like it won't be getting ICS.
                        Buy my art

Comment

HTC Evo 3D here...

IMO, HTC Sense is way much better than Samsung's TouchWiz.

I've discovered some differences after comparing them.
                          The followings show what HTC Sense offers, and what Samsung TouchWiz doesn't:
                          Internet Passthrough (you may use connect your PC to Internet via your phone, but HTC offers the other way around, connects your phone using a PC's Internet connection, so your phone doesn't rely solely on WiFi and 3G)
                          Facebook Calendar Sync (your Facebook calendar will be automatically synced to your phone calendar, of course you need to tick the option under "Account Sync" settings.)

Comment

I am HTC One X user and HTC hardcore fans ^^

It's also a very nice casual photography equipment

All shot with HTC One X: http://instagram.com/shanghwan
                            Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahhwan/

Comment

The only manufacturers tha put it on their phones at the factory are Apple and RIM. Also, this video is misleading as it's only showing what's being logged, not what's being sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X