google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Forgot login password of windows 10 computer - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgot login password of windows 10 computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot login password of windows 10 computer

I backed up all my photos on my old Dell computer and to be honest I don't that computer pretty much. The last access is two months ago and when I tried to login the computer with the password, it tells me they are wrong. I tried my best to figure out the right password but still no fortune on this. Does anyone know how to fix this with losing data?

I don't think there is a solution to that.
    Dr Koh Kho King
    Wise men still seek Him!
    www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Comment

Originally posted by xakagiz View Post
      I backed up all my photos on my old Dell computer and to be honest I don't that computer pretty much. The last access is two months ago and when I tried to login the computer with the password, it tells me they are wrong. I tried my best to figure out the right password but still no fortune on this. Does anyone know how to fix this with losing data?

log into an administrator. Open the start menu and search in all files and folders "cmd". Open command prompt or cmd. A black box will open up. Type "net user" into it. It will show a list of all the users on the computer. Find your user in the list and type "net user (your username)*) it will ask for a password. Type in any password and that will become your password. This method may be a little complex for you. But you can also try some other third party application to reset your Windows 10 password, Hope it works.
      Last edited by Harkey13; 24-06-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by khoking View Post
        I don't think there is a solution to that.
        I saw a lot of ways online for this but i am not sure whether it would damage my computer.

log into an administrator. Open the start menu and search in all files and folders "cmd". Open command prompt or cmd. A black box will open up. Type "net user" into it. It will show a list of all the users on the computer. Find your user in the list and type "net user (your username)*) it will ask for a password. Type in any password and that will become your password. This method may be a little complex for you. But you can also try some other third party application to reset your Windows 10 password, google it.
        I forgot the admin password so I can't do this as you suggested.

Comment

Get a screwdriver and open up this old pc, removing the hard-disk. Connect it up as an external drive to your new pc (or as an additional internal drive with a bit more complication/work), and you can access your files again.

Comment

In this situation, you can try a Windows password recovery tool to help you reset Windows password without any data loss.

Comment

Do you use a local account or a Microsoft account? To reset Microsoft account password, go to https://account.live.com/password/reset. While you can use PCUnlocker, Ophcrack, chntpw if you want to reset Windows 10 password for a local account. Or restore your computer to factory defaults if no important files are stored on the hard drive.

Comment

If you forgot Windows 10 password you can try this Windows password key.

Comment

Originally posted by mantico View Post
                  Do you use a local account or a Microsoft account? To reset Microsoft account password, While you can use iseepassword, PCUnlocker, Ophcrack, chntpw if you want to reset Windows 10 password for a local account. Or restore your computer to factory defaults if no important files are stored on the hard drive.

If you have another user account which has admin privileges, you can easily unlock Windows 7/XP/Vista password by using "lusrmgr.msc" or "Command".

Let's see how to unlock Windows Vista password with "lusrmgr.msc" and draw inferences about other cases from one instance to unlock Windows 7/XP password.

1. Login Windows 7 as administrator. Click on Start, type lusrmgr.msc in the Search Box or Run Box(press both Win+R keys to open Run Box), click OK button.
                  2. Local Users and Groups dialog appears, open Users folder. Right-click an user account and select "Set Password".
                  3. When a dialog pops up, type a new password twice, type a password hint or not, click OK.
                  Note: This method will lead to lose access to all its encrypted files, stored passwords, and personal security certificates.

You can also try some other free tools:
                  https://www.iseepassword.com/alterna...cunlocker.html

http://www.chntpw.com/download/

Comment

I forgot my computer login password a month ago. The real challenge is how to choose the right method to do that because you can find tons of suggestions from Google search. I did a bit testing and found out UUkeys Windows Password Mate is the best one to reset win 10 password: http://www.uukeys.com/bypass-windows...-password.html

Comment

Working...
                    X