google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Where to get photo equipment insurance? - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get photo equipment insurance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get photo equipment insurance?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any companies in Malaysia that can provide insurance cover for my photo equipment?

I'm not a professional but will be providing (unpaid) photographic support for some research teams in Malaysia. In my past experience I have been involved in some rather temperamental situations which led me to believe that my equipment could be stolen or damaged, thus the reason for the insurance for my peace of mind.

I'd be grateful of there are any professionals out there that can provide me with an insurance agent/broker who can help.

Thanks, Z.

Re: Where to get photo equipment insurance?

Me too I am interested to know whether can we insured our photographic equipment

Comment

I do have my equipment cover for lost,any kind,all round the world,but the condition is abit wired,Glass brokerage is not cover,although I had complain but they just don't reply to my complain.
      Call me super gear head

Comment

Originally posted by sabahan View Post
        I do have my equipment cover for lost,any kind,all round the world,but the condition is abit wired,Glass brokerage is not cover,although I had complain but they just don't reply to my complain.
        what is the insurance company ?
        http://horukuru.blogspot.com

Comment

I bought it from MNI,1% of the total amount insured.this year will rised to 3%
          Call me super gear head

Comment

Sabahan,

What is MNI please? Also, do you have a contact telephone number for them? Thanks.

Comment

My nick say that I am sabahan,so i am in sabah,only have sabah contact only lah.actually you can call any insurance company to ask,I alos call and ask.
              Call me super gear head

Comment

MNI - they already merged with Maybank Fortis and Takaful Nasional, new name - ETIQA

Comment

I have to admit that I was expecting more replies than this (that's not a criticism, just a reflection on the number of replies)...I'm wondering if most photographers (amateur and professional alike) in Malaysia are going about their business without any kind of insurance at all?

For me, I can't afford to just buy it all over again so insurance seems to be the way forward (as long as the premium is not to high). I guess I'll have to do the leg work and just call up all the major insurance agents and brokers to see if there are any policies already made up for the Malaysian market...

Thanks to everyone for their help. I'll post info up if I find anything...

Comment

Hi Uncle Vicky,

I've a friend who's doing insurance brokerage, as their company, Manuplus sells insurance with all companies. You can call him @ 016-453 2275 and tell him Leo referred you to him.

Warm Regards,

Leo

Comment

You must know when purchasing a assurance,when you sign the agreement,they will say every thing is cover,when come to claiming is another thing.

First you must prove that your equipment is damage due to fire(if covered),by robbery but not you drop it.

Second if the glass brake,it is not cover

and finally you will not get 100% of what you cover.
                      Call me super gear head

Comment

Originally posted by sabahan View Post
                        You must know when purchasing a assurance,when you sign the agreement,they will say every thing is cover,when come to claiming is another thing.

First you must prove that your equipment is damage due to fire(if covered),by robbery but not you drop it.

Second if the glass brake,it is not cover

and finally you will not get 100% of what you cover.
                        don't worry, since he's from an insurance broker, he carries all brands (Great Eastern Life, AIA, Manulife, all general insurance companies, etc etc) Check it out la.

Comment

Working...
                        X