Tips to clean Car Road Tax Label residual sticky adhesive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips to clean Car Road Tax Label residual sticky adhesive

If you ever try to replace your road tax labels recently ?

The poor quality of the recent road tax labels means that there are pesky residual adhesive or glue sticking to your windscreen or worse your expensive V-cool film. They are almost impossible to clean ???

Face this problem recently and would like to share this useful cleaning tips that I received from my wife.

All you have to do is to use "OIL" - any type of oil - I used cooking oil.

First, peel-off the old road tax label. The adhesive will remain on the windscreen.

Second, used the oil and rub on the adhesive affected area only. use more oil if it is difficult and rub on the affected surface hard. The adhesive should come-off.

Next, use a soapy cloth and clean the windscreen - make sure you clean the oil off the windscreen and dry the windscreen.

Final, peel carefully as per instruction on the new road tax label and stick them to the windscreen.

Its easy...try it. Good luck

Re: Tips to clean Car Road Tax Label residual sticky adhesive

Thanks for sharing, I face the same problem, will try the method...

Comment

You're welcomed. I faced these problems for the past couple of years - got 3 cars to replace yearly; so I know the frustration.

Did not have problem with the first few year when these labels were introduced ? As usual the quality deteriorate and no one in JPJ seems to bother. The supply contractor is getting away with murder ???

Originally posted by ally9970 View Post
      Thanks for sharing, I face the same problem, will try the method...

Comment

next time, try goo gone. u can find at hardware shops and departmental store

works for all types of adhesive residue

Comment

WD40 always works magic

Comment

Tq for sharing
            www.flickr.com/asmawiyusof

Comment

To avoid this, I stick it to a clear plastic which is then stuck on the front windscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by zepirate View Post
                To avoid this, I stick it to a clear plastic which is then stuck on the front windscreen.
                which will land u into trouble if caught by JPJ.

this defeats the purpose of having the road tax as a sticker in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by napee View Post
                  which will land u into trouble if caught by JPJ.

this defeats the purpose of having the road tax as a sticker in the first place
                  No it doesn't.
                  I'm just a gearhead

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Canon View Post
                    WD40 always works magic
                    side note on WD40
                    i used to use WD40 as a general purpose lube, but experience and feedback from friends shows that WD40 is very caustic and will eat into certain rubber or plastic.
                    i prefer teflon based lube.
                    [I]if quentin T shave off all his hair, then he will be handsome abd botak like me...[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by dacmo View Post
                      No it doesn't.
                      u mean confirmed by JPJ it's allowed?

trust me, even not now, when it's widerspread and one day someone high up notice it, they'll have operation just for this. as usual with JPJ. they will only react when things are getting out of hand

remember the reason why they introduced the sticker type road tax, they want to avoid it being removed easily and transferred around. if it's stuck on piece of plastic, it defeats the whole purpose of the sticker. if i am the JPJ boss, i would have that handled now. so be warned

Comment

Originally posted by zepirate View Post

me too....

thanks for the sharing of the tips too. ^^

Comment

thanks!

instead of sticking the bare road tax label which will result in sticky gluey windscreen, use those road tax holder.

stick the road tax to the holder, and stick the holder to the windscreen. the holder can be reuse.

the holder is like a thick plastic that kinda stick to glasses. can get mugen/myvi/etc names on it. easily removable, with no sticky gluey stuff on the glass.

the holder material is similar to the Photomalaysia Car sticker.
                          http://www.behance.net/photodelics

Comment

easy.. use petrol... vr efficient way getting rid of the adhesive
                            http://flipsnap.blogspot.com , FB: anipiah is apai

Comment

Zippo lighter fluid also can use. Many arts student use this to clean working surfaces.

Cheers!!

Comment

Working...
                              X