Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unifi - getting slower. How to cancel the contract ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unifi - getting slower. How to cancel the contract ?

Hi,

Did you notice that Unifi is giving problems since they asked to upgrade ? I am not satisfied with their service and wish to jump ship to another provider.

However, I was told that the Unifi contract is for 2 years and if you terminate within the 2 years a penalty of RM500.00 will be imposed.

However, Unifi has failed in providing the service they claimed that they provide (i.e. the internet speed is slower what they claim to be providing) - have they broken their service contract ( how can I proof that the speed provide is slower - that can be recorded and used as evidence) Can I use these to terminate my Unifi contract ?

Can someone tell me how can I terminate the Unifi contract without incurring the penalty ?

Thank you all in advance.

Re: Unifi - getting slower. How to cancel the contract ?

You will have a hard time to claim the provider has breached contract. Read the fine print and most probably you will find statements such as 'provided as is', 'network speed provided is theoretically' 'cannot be hold responsible for', and so on.

Have you already considered in contacting the service desk to discuss the problem? Sometimes the fibre optic cable is causing a concern, either on your end or the nearest hop termination end.

If you wish to terminate early bite the bullet and pay up. If you think another company provides a better service don't waste another day but you better think twice in believing that other providers are so much better.
    Portfolio / Blog / Photography Course | Instagram | Twitter

Comment

go to consumer tribunal.. but bear in mind, they don't guarantee the speed in the contract..
      succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

Comment

just bypass the original TM DNS. instead use Google public DNS. TM DNS is just lousy...

Comment

Please advise - how can I do that ?

Originally posted by mangkor View Post
          just bypass the original TM DNS. instead use Google public DNS. TM DNS is just lousy...

Comment

log in into the router, then click "Manual Internet Connection Setup"

check the "enter DNS manually" and specify google public dns in respective primary and secondary dns addresses. usually 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

save setting and reboot the router

Comment

Waiting for unifi contract finnish jump to maxis home fiber.. Midnight unifi super slow.. And sometime cant even get no internet
              Photography is a never ending journey..

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Loo View Post
                Waiting for unifi contract finnish jump to maxis home fiber.. Midnight unifi super slow.. And sometime cant even get no internet
                im using maxis home fiber n its very bad..ppl tell unifi better

anyway there are using the same cable..that mean both also same only

Comment

Anyone can Help me out??!! After I upgraded from tmwifi to unifi, my iMac can't surf at all.
                  while I'm trying to browse to any website it takes a long time and didn't load at all.
                  Does anyone having this problem? I'm having it from June...

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasKhoDw View Post
                    Anyone can Help me out??!! After I upgraded from tmwifi to unifi, my iMac can't surf at all.
                    while I'm trying to browse to any website it takes a long time and didn't load at all.
                    Does anyone having this problem? I'm having it from June...
                    call unifi customer service
                    succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

Comment

I don't like popular service, that's why I still stick with stimix 4mb/s when my friend upgraded to unify.

Whenever I called stimix service, told them I am 4mb/s user, they passed my call to a higher rank personal to service me.
                      Dr Koh Kho King
                      Wise men still seek Him!
                      www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Comment

Are you absolutely sure it is a Unifi problem? I know someone whose Unifi slowed drastically. In the end he found out it was his modem. After he changed it speed went back to normal. And he spent weeks screaming at Unifi without getting anything solved.

Comment

Agreed with what Chinks said. Try the router first. I changed mine. No more Wifi signal dropping problem. The DIR 615 is famous for weak wifi signal and dropped signals.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
                          [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by chinks View Post
                            Are you absolutely sure it is a Unifi problem? I know someone whose Unifi slowed drastically. In the end he found out it was his modem. After he changed it speed went back to normal. And he spent weeks screaming at Unifi without getting anything solved.
                            Originally posted by beyond View Post
                            Agreed with what Chinks said. Try the router first. I changed mine. No more Wifi signal dropping problem. The DIR 615 is famous for weak wifi signal and dropped signals.
                            Any suggestion of routers?

Comment

ASUS fang. I forgot the model no. But it's the one with 3 antennas.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
                              [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X