Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which brand of LCD TV is the best in the market..??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which brand of LCD TV is the best in the market..??

Originally posted by roticanai View Post
    OLED TV still has some technical constraints to make it big size - just like LCD TV a while back. I have decided not going to wait and get a Sharp Full HD and PS3 to go with it. THe only issue is the cost of the BR discs - it is about RM120 a pop!
    Hahaha, reminds me of Laser disc 10 years ago, at that price too. Every electronic product seems to go through that cycle. Remember the first mobile phones that is as big as a cabin bag 18 years ago? My sister goes to work in a 'laptop' as big as a cabin bag, that cost RM15,000. Maybe my grandchildren will one day be watching 10'x12' TV in their room that is built into the wall.
    http://www.pbase.com/chenws

Comment

anyone knows which brand has Full HD format in 32 inch LCD TV in the market already..??

Comment

Originally posted by mac-ro-lens View Post
        anyone knows which brand has Full HD format in 32 inch LCD TV in the market already..??
        quite alot actually....sharp, sony, hitachi...u name it...most major brand's LCD TV are Full HD... but most plasma TV are not Full HD.

Comment

Go for Sharp LCD TV

Comment

Originally posted by gchee View Post
            Go for Sharp LCD TV
            Agreed !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
              Agreed !!!

buy sharp got discount ar?

Comment

Originally posted by wasabi View Post
                sharp is sharp...if i were to buy a LCD TV, i would buy sharp....they are the leader in LCD TV technology. Samsung is also very good (hint hint Sony buys their panel) and i would not hesitate to buy them if the price is good.

Comment

Originally posted by wasabi View Post
                  you wanna buy ahh??

Comment

Originally posted by seethoe View Post
                    quite alot actually....sharp, sony, hitachi...u name it...most major brand's LCD TV are Full HD... but most plasma TV are not Full HD.
                    really..?? What i've surveyed in the market are most of 32" LCD TV still yet to introduce Full HD.. only 37" or higher has that.. may be i need to go out again..

btw, "Full HD" is 1920 x 1080 pixels while "HD READY" is only 1366 x 768 pixels.. most of 32" are still in HD READY format..

thanks..

Comment

really..?? What i've surveyed in the market are most of 32" LCD TV still yet to introduce Full HD.. only 37" or higher has that.. may be i need to go out again..

btw, "Full HD" is 1920 x 1080 pixels while "HD READY" is only 1366 x 768 pixels.. most of 32" are still in HD READY format..

thanks..
                      I think there are none for 32", only HD ready.
                      So far have not come across and Full HD for 32".
                      37" got full HD ahh?? also not come across any.
                      please do tell, would like to see their spec.

nvm.. found quite a few...

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
                        I think there are none for 32", only HD ready.
                        So far have not come across and Full HD for 32".
                        37" got full HD ahh?? also not come across any.
                        please do tell, would like to see their spec.
                        if not mistaken only one brand has.. i think is Panansonic.. but i'm not sure lar..

Comment

if not mistaken only one brand has.. i think is Panansonic.. but i'm not sure lar..
                          I think malaysia also don't have 37" Full HD.
                          only found oversea models.

Comment

Depends on what you see
                            HD titles are still very expensive and I doubt the kaki-lima providers can supply good blueray discs
                            They can't even supply good true double-layers (D9) DVDs ..even they would swear the so called DVDs they hawk are D9

Astro programs are getting worse..
                            but if you like to 'tweak' setting to get better pic quality (sharpness), try to alter the satellite disc config settings
                            My Astro Max is set to 10000 and 9600 which is a little better compared to the defaults 10500 and 9650. If you 'screw' up settings, try defaults .. to reset abck ori settings

back to LCD

There are 2 models I like
                            Of course Pioneer Kuro series is fantastic but pricey and they are plasma
                            But they offer real true 'black'

I love action movies and I watch a lot of pirated programs (don't we all)
                            my plasma is a 42" Hitachi Alis. Very good resolution at 1024 x 1080 at RM4600 street price where norm is 1024x768
                            Try pop a Transformer D9 DVD and compare it with a Sony LCD Bravia
                            It can easily head-on the Sony with Sony 1.5 x the price of Hitachi

For those insisting on LCD (i still think plasma is better)
                            try audition JVC 's LT 42EX18 at street price about RM4600. It accepts 1080p signals where most others are only HD ready at 1080i

The sky is the limit and with plenty of VIT M, there are plenty of full HD 42" starting at around RM6K .. Philips leads the price factor in this department
                            LG new Scarlet is another popular model heavily advertised/promoted
                            But do we need to pay more for their promo $$

me a real tv couch potato

Comment

Yeah, u r right, most brand are Full HD for 42" and upwards. For 32" TV Full HD in Malaysia, you can also check out Samsung LA32A650A1R & LA32A550P1R.

Comment

thank seethoe for the info..

Comment

Working...
                                X