"Malu" moment ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Malu" moment ..

Hi all the photo kaki .. had u guys ever face any "malu" moment during your photo shooting ? Last Saturday went to Petaling Street .. wanted to shoot a back street old style barber .. after the 1st shoot only that barber already shout at me and asked to stop shooting him .. damn malu and kind of spoil my mood .. so u guys got any story to share ? Hehehe ..

Re: "Malu" moment ..

got....

I ask one ah pek at a hawker stall whether I can shoot him preparing the food or not...

mana tau.. .ah pek told me he also customer wanna buy food... the hawker hilang...

*paiseh*
    LoctorMayat Kurang Ajar!! Get Lost From My SB700 Thread!!

Comment

got... lol... last weekend was at a pasar malam... my gf was checking out the pirated cds... and i was shooting her...

then the cd seller sort of calling out at me..."oii...".. hehehe.....

Comment

Originally posted by liljames View Post
        got... lol... last weekend was at a pasar malam... my gf was checking out the pirated cds... and i was shooting her...

then the cd seller sort of calling out at me..."oii...".. hehehe.....

Hahaha .. u are damn lucky u can "still" reply this post today ..

Comment

Originally posted by kaiwung View Post
          Hahaha .. u are damn lucky u can "still" reply this post today ..
          lol... yeah...and then perhaps he realise that i'm just shooting for fun and shooting my gf... and i also just quickly keep my camera... else

Comment

This happens all the time! Nothing to be 'malu' about!

Last Sunday while in Ipoh for a street shoot, I saw these two old men in a shop and I approached them and asked permission to take their photos. They wave no no .... and promptly closed the shop doors!

Comment

These days with the advent of the internet, people are not like what it was before. Back in the "good ole days" when someone was seen with a camera, it meant he was an enthusiast who likes photography. Nowadays, when ppl see camera toting folks, the word "papparazi" immediately comes to mind.

Anyways...back to the OT. My malu moment was when I was chased away from the Norwegian palace door by the palace guard because he thought I was a reporter. Other ppl holding PnS he dun chase away, but he chased me away.

Comment

What happened to me also a big 'malu' lah. A month ago I went for a wedding shoot at a hotel nearby in KL. After followed the bride and bridesgroom to the hall.. I simply slip my feet in the hall... hahahaha..luckily can save my cam. huuuu..

Comment

Originally posted by noordin View Post

Last Sunday while in Ipoh for a street shoot, I saw these two old men in a shop and I approached them and asked permission to take their photos. They wave no no .... and promptly closed the shop doors!

Wow .. itu 2 old men so serious meh ?! hahaha .. Mesti wife "tak kasi" lo ..

Comment

Originally posted by khairulbahri View Post
                    What happened to me also a big 'malu' lah. A month ago I went for a wedding shoot at a hotel nearby in KL. After followed the bride and bridesgroom to the hall.. I simply slip my feet in the hall... hahahaha..luckily can save my cam. huuuu..

Apa nak malu bro ! U save your Cam ! should proud of yourself

Comment

Thanks everyone here for sharing their stories I agreed with DC .. Now people think differently .. it might be not as same as the "good old days" .. But really nothing to "Malu" about .. should proud of ourself .. we are doing something that might change the world .. and at least we can bring happiness to people .. by shooting good photo

Comment

Originally posted by noordin View Post

show them your 600mm lar.. they will open doors n cry after that
                        ٩͡๏̯͡๏)۶ The People's Paper
                        glennguan.com | twitter.com/glennguan
                        “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” – Robert Capa

Comment

My malu moment was in Beijing. After having our lunch, i strolled outside the restaurant and while waiting to onboard the tour bus, i spotted a Chinese army personal standing still in front of an entrance of a building. Took a shot of him and suddenly he yelled something and out of nowhere another army guy ran towards us and shouting in Mandarin. I couldnt understand the language but luckily our tour guide apologize on my behalf and told him that i'm deleting the pic. Since i dont know Mandarin, i have no idea that it was an army base. Luckily they didnt demand the camera from me, otherwise i have to buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleOne View Post
                            My malu moment was in Beijing. After having our lunch, i strolled outside the restaurant and while waiting to onboard the tour bus, i spotted a Chinese army personal standing still in front of an entrance of a building. Took a shot of him and suddenly he yelled something and out of nowhere another army guy ran towards us and shouting in Mandarin. I couldnt understand the language but luckily our tour guide apologize on my behalf and told him that i'm deleting the pic. Since i dont know Mandarin, i have no idea that it was an army base. Luckily they didnt demand the camera from me, otherwise i have to buy a new one.
                            Army base ??!! of cuz la .. becuz you "shoot" them ma !

Comment

well.. worst moment for me was at Central Market LRT. Trying to shoot this beggar, wearing a t-shirt.. "life is good" or something...

from the back!

Then.. the cleaner for the station told the beggar that i was shooting! he pick up this rattan stick and start chasing me.... JUST OUTSIDE LRT station...

he confronted me, asking me to give camera to him.. i was like WTF.. its leica summore... then i decided to give the film inside to him.. and bugger off.. probably that's the best thing to do when u confronting a man with a rattan stick.. and smell of alcohol too

well,. that didn't kill my spirit.. i reload the camera.. and continue shooting

Comment

Working...
                              X