Duty free in Labuan.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty free in Labuan.

Going to Labuan for the 2nd time... Was spent lot of time in chocolate and liquor shop in my first trip. But not really check out the camera shop. Anyone here familiar with Labuan and know any camera shop? Are their camera and accessories are really duty free?
    www.twineffects.blogspot.com

Re: Duty free in Labuan.

camera are duty free in Msia, sometime its cheaper than Singapore, only certain accessories were expensive in Msia due to tax.

evantually, Msia selling cheaper in camera and Singapore selling cheaper in accessories, labuan/langkawi never comes cheaper before
    I'm full time gear head, yes i am... :D

Comment

No wonder i saw some in Langkawi and the price is higher than in KL.
      www.twineffects.blogspot.com

Comment

Shops in duty free areas in airports are small and they stock limited models. For them to make a decent profit and pay for the high rentals there they have to mark-up their prices high. That's a fact of life for those shops. They're are there to sell to the foreign tourists who will find the cameras etc still cheaper than in their own countries. But for Malaysians, don't buy from there, they're definitely more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by noordin View Post
          Shops in duty free areas in airports are small and they stock limited models. For them to make a decent profit and pay for the high rentals there they have to mark-up their prices high. That's a fact of life for those shops. They're are there to sell to the foreign tourists who will find the cameras etc still cheaper than in their own countries. But for Malaysians, don't buy from there, they're definitely more expensive.

agree wth uncle noordin..i often travel to labuan.on & off.. .trust me..u wouldn't found Dlsr there.if any..maybe outdated model...compact camera also expensive..

all i can say..in labuan..everything are much more xpensive than price at peninsular..except..car,liquir,ciggy,chocolate & dot..dot..dot

Comment

I piece of advice here, don't expect much from Labuan about DSLR and stuff, even the photog here rely on Shashinki and Kota Kinabalu for equipment.

If you are a film addict, can give you a bargain here, especially for those film PnS gearheaded as for the DSLR accessories, hmm, i never been actually shopping that stuff around Labuan, i do it at KK.

Yes, i live in Labuan for nearly 6 years oledi
            - http://kinoz4eyes.tumblr.com/-

Comment

Working...
            X