X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Format Film

Yo,

I have a question....

For those who still shooting large format film..
    Where do y'all usually send your 4x5 film to process?

Anyway, have a great weekdays ahead.

Re: Large Format Film

depends on who you ask. for me..for B&W stuff, normally i process it myself. for trans and negs, normally i send to photo media in pj or applied imaging in ttdi.
    onestophoto.com/f64.org/morpheuse@twitter

Comment

thanks morpheos....
      B&W I can develop it myself.. Just the color got a lil bit hassle...
      Im based in KK.. might lost if I wandering around KL myself....

will google the address..

Thank you again..

Comment

i think you can send it to them by mail, just call first and ask. or else, i can drop it off for you...

Originally posted by Flanegan View Post
        thanks morpheos....
        B&W I can develop it myself.. Just the color got a lil bit hassle...
        Im based in KK.. might lost if I wandering around KL myself....

will google the address..

Thank you again..
        onestophoto.com/f64.org/morpheuse@twitter

Comment

I send mine to E-6 in Pudu Plaza.
          Applied imaging in TTDI? Morpheuse can u tel me the contact n the address? How's their service?

Yes, u can do everything via mail. I once sent the film in person to the lab, but asked them to send the developed films back via mail, with only rm10.

Hong.

Comment

Oh... btw, can anyone tel me where can we get the new large format films in M"sia? I've emptied my stock and spent long time to find the source, but neither the labs or the guys who carry films have 5x4 films. Where else can I get them? Thanks.

Hong.

Comment

Send to me in Sandakan,but I can only process B&W and slide,colour negative sorry.I uses Jobo CPE-2 with pro tank 3000,count by multiple of 10 coz each tank can put in 10 sheet.
              Call me super gear head

Comment

Officially nobody openly sells large format films in M'sia. Most film companies here will only bring them in under 'non stock items' terms, which means you may have to wait up to 3 months to get them. Some agents can bring them in by special orders within a month.

LF films used to be sold quite openly up to 4 years ago but the falling demand for the films and processing has made it largely unprofitable for labs and film retailers. A recent visit to singapore also spelled out a similar situation. In the past that was my main source of large format film.
                A.

http://www.facebook.com/azrulkevinabdullah

Comment

Just an update on this thread.

I do my own 4x5 B&W and E6 slide processing in a custom made development tank.
                  Use to send to Mr.Ng in SS2 but his turn-around time is over 2 weeks for RM25/piece, that kinda kills the excitement.

Any other leads on where to develop 4x5?

Comment

Woah. 2010 thread

Good to see more LF shooters around. E6 does 4x5 slides for RM10 a piece.

Comment

RM10 is really reasonable, what's their turnaround time for E6 processing?

Comment

It's been awhile since I shoot any LF slides, but if I remember correctly it's about 3-5 days. Definitely not 2 weeks.

Comment

The price has probably gone up since. I called E6 a week ago and they were no longer selling E6 chemical as they were still waiting for stock to arrive from Kodak. It's such a pity that E6 is becoming to inaccessible since there is no film out there that is able to match Velvia & Provia.

Comment

Originally posted by weitatt View Post
                            The price has probably gone up since. I called E6 a week ago and they were no longer selling E6 chemical as they were still waiting for stock to arrive from Kodak. It's such a pity that E6 is becoming to inaccessible since there is no film out there that is able to match Velvia & Provia.
                            Perhaps increased a little. But I have since more or less stopped, unless there is a really compelling reason to start again. It's just too expensive here. Now I just do the B&Ws.

Comment

These photos make a very compelling case.
                              http://www.arizonahighways.com/image...-12/index.html
                              Last edited by weitatt; 18-01-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X