No announcement yet.

Can our airport x-ray damage our film?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can our airport x-ray damage our film?

I'm travelling to sabah today for mount kinabalu trip,when arrive at the security checkup,i forgot bout my film inside my camera bag,and let it go through the x-ray machine...there are lots of film inside my bag,ranging from asa 100 to 400,colour and B&W.is our aiport x-ray machine film safe? I'very afraid that it will expose all my films.

Re: Can our airport x-ray damage our film?

No worry lah... I travel a lot with film scanned in multiple airport. No problem. Enjoy ur trip lah!

Comment

the departue lounge scanner, ok for your kind of film ... so far IMO
      don't put it in your check-in luggage which goes through the more powerful xray scanner ...

Comment

it ok no problem.....the best way don't mix with the others stuff...take it out frm ur bag....

Comment

I have left exposed films (slide film + negatives) in checked in luggage too. No problem with that too.

Comment

Its okay. As long as the airport doesnt use scanners from the 60s!
            http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well ... not entirely true. There is a Kodak infosheet that advices to keep it below 5 scans. Now, I am currently in Europe and did a bit of a round trip and by the time I get home coming Sunday it means total scanning of 12 times. So, I never have them scanned and ask for manual check. So far so good, biggest pain in the *** is Changi airport but even there I survive ...

A few scans, it will survive. But try to avoid it. Better safe than sorry.
              Portfolio / Blog / Photography Course | Instagram | Twitter

Comment

Never had any problems with that. I had more problems leaving exposed film for 1 year before developing..
                Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Comment

I just brought some film back from china, if u r uncomfortable with putting your film through X-ray just ask for a hand check. I didn't get any problems through out. All security personnel seem to understand even in non English speaking china. According to some websites it's best to hand carry and not send the film through checked luggage scans. They use more powerfull X-ray machines in checked luggage.
                  www.edward-khoo.com

Comment

Hmmm really ?

Comment

I trvllg regulary everywhere without a problem so far ......

Comment

Shahsinki can get those dandy Domke film guard bags for you!

Have to pre-order though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan95 View Post
                          Shahsinki can get those dandy Domke film guard bags for you!

Have to pre-order though.
                          I just survived 6 airports in 12 days and had it all hand scanned. The only noise (as usual) was in Singapore. What a dumb *** people they have in that airport. Frankfurt had it scanned with the drug test and no problem at all. In Europe they have a pretty good understanding but in some countries they stare at you as they have no idea what film is. (Strangely enough as the info text is always on the scanners). Check-in X-ray will for sure kill your films.
                          Portfolio / Blog / Photography Course | Instagram | Twitter

Comment

What happened to you in Singapore ?

Comment

Since I went back to film the past 1 1/2 years, I have been lucky at the airports in Asia, when I requested a hand check, they were willing to oblige.... KLIA main terminal, LCCT, Dhaka, Saigon and Hong Kong, in HK they did a swab test on a few a the catridges before they let me go. Next airport for me to try is Bangkok in July.

Comment

Working...
                              X