X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film shooter from singapore coming to KL

Hi everyone!

I'm going to KL, Penang, Kedah area for a span of about 3 weeks
    Would like to know where to get development done (Don't feel very safe scanning film with x ray )

I will be shooting with a 35mm slr, Speed Graphic, Polaroid auto land 420

If possible can recommend somewhere that does E6, C-41 as well as places to buy FP film

Is the E6 reliable? Looking around the forums I think you guys DIY E6? There is also afew crazy fellows with a processor doing E6 in singapore
    I'm contemplating on developing in MY or bringing back to SG for my friend to do it,

Any places to look for camera gear, I'm aware theres a flea that sells cyanotype chemicals? Pretty interested in it. hope you guys can give me some lead

I'm departing Singapore on monday so quite rushed

Cheers

Re: Film shooter from singapore coming to KL

http://www.facebook.com/groupf64

any question to that page. they are the crazy people
    facebook.com/pages/The-Shelves/252601961452458

Comment

For cyanotype, follow raizil's lead...... this crazy people also do BnW development

the other crazy people are smelly plastiks, they do DIY E6 and C41, and do take jobs.... they are in JB, so might as well you take them to your friends...... enough of the crazy people.

Where will you be based at each city/town? then maybe the suggestion will suit you

I usually send my C41 to colordotcom in PJ, but it is out of KL. Another place that I do go, but rarely, is an outlet in Central Market, can't remember the name even when I do go pass by it almost daily, it is at the exit facing the annexe building.

For E6, which I don't actually use, if I am not mistaken they are send to E6, somewhere in Pudu...... they also do C41?

Comment

Hmm glad to see the analog community so happening here,
        I will be based in KL for most parts of the trip.
        I have no issues with b&w as I diy
        I am also shooting an en2 process negative for 35mm
        That also requires diy, its a movie film
        Quite worried about shooting large format here as I don't speak malay
        Plus I always encounter problems asking for a handcheck at the jb customs tho I am holding a malaysia passport

Comment

E6 can be done at a colour lab called e-6 in Pudu Plaza. Very mixed results with the development. It really depends if u are the first batch of the fresh chemicals. 1 day for development.
          C41 at colordotcom in uptown PJ or Photo Sun in SS2 PJ. These can be done in an hour.
          EN2 is a niche process, I havent heard of anyone developing it here, but Maxby's (photoMalaysia admin) son is experimenting with it in Singapore. U might want to send Maxby a private message to enquire.
          www.edward-khoo.com

Comment

Ya i have a fren doing the ecn2 process, i think he laised with the admins's son, there are about 5 people including him doing it.

Hmm if E6 processing is unstable i think , i can let my fren develop, he mix fresh one shot.

Maybe you guys can consider sending to him. He uses a colour densotometer and run e6 control strips to check for consistancy

Comment

Originally posted by shadowleong View Post
              Ya i have a fren doing the ecn2 process, i think he laised with the admins's son, there are about 5 people including him doing it.

Hmm if E6 processing is unstable i think , i can let my fren develop, he mix fresh one shot.

Maybe you guys can consider sending to him. He uses a colour densotometer and run e6 control strips to check for consistancy
              In that case I think you might as well get everything done in SG. I heard that ecn2 has fantastic dynamic range (12 stops?), would be interested to see some photos from it. Good luck with your development.
              www.edward-khoo.com

Comment

Hmm glad to see the analog community so happening here,
                It's here, not a very big community..... as choices and options are very limited.

Comment

I understand, and its quite expensive too. Yes ecn2 is a fantastic process, the film I'm using is vision2 500t. Basically portra160 grain struture, I can expose at any iso frm 400-1600 on the same roll!

Comment

I understand, and its quite expensive too. Yes ecn2 is a fantastic process, the film I'm using is vision2 500t. Basically portra160 grain struture, I can expose at any iso frm 400-1600 on the same roll!
                    AWESOME...! Gotta call Kenny and have a try soon....
                    www.edward-khoo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X