How to keep your passion for photography burning? Version 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep your passion for photography burning? Version 2

It's been my third years into photograhphy. The fire still on and off.
    Those who contributes to previous thread many thanks.

Shall we restsrt the version 2 ?
    in the process of learn, unlearn and relearn

Re: How to keep your passion for photography burning? Version 2

It's been 8 years for me. Friends keep the passion going.
    Photography is like an adventure of a lifetime!

Comment

"Ooo, ooo, nice composition, nice lighting. I like."
      "What in the world...?! Your lighting is too harsh, man."
      "Yup, handheld."
      "One focal length lens. Impressive."
      "Panning."
      "The colors are too saturated lah! This is not Teletubbyland. Tsk."
      "Ugh, step back! Your framing is too tight."

Err, those are my thoughts when watching dramas or movies.
      Do they count?
      Quran 69:18

Comment

share more photos.. outing wif more ppl.. different ppl..
        www.pazuzushot.com | www.kuching-photographer.com

Comment

Award yourself with a new gear or two. If it's necessary. It works for me, since I am more like a gear head rather than a still photo only guy.

Comment

good question.. i have obviously lost my passion but left the urge to buy new camera.. aiks.. how to reignite the fire?
            succumbed to Fujifilm http://instagram.com/giamsk/

Comment

Originally posted by Pazuzu View Post
              share more photos.. outing wif more ppl.. different ppl..

Agreed shoot different genre, learn, relearn, unlearn ... See works of better photographers. Shoot with young up coming photogrphers who might lack the tecnical skill but have abundance of creativity. Go on a photosafari Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone

if all else fails go to Buy Sell Forum and sell all your gear and buy a Leica M9 P/M
              Travel, Human Interest and Studio Photography

Comment

Leica m9p with noctilux. O.95. Passion and Patience. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by kingz View Post
                  Agreed shoot different genre, learn, relearn, unlearn ... See works of better photographers. Shoot with young up coming photogrphers who might lack the tecnical skill but have abundance of creativity. Go on a photosafari Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone

if all else fails go to Buy Sell Forum and sell all your gear and buy a Leica M9 P/M
                  kingz is class leader.
                  >> Shoots, photos not good, get poisoned, buy new gear, shoot again, photos not working. Finally….
                  Buy point and shoot tuned to AUTO finish? No(whisper)..…there is a new camera model coming up soon.
                  See his works…………...http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...t=#post2087270
                  Sure keep the flame burning one.

I`m one of them in Buy and Sell Forum.Itchy itchy itchyyyy..
                  Indeed Buy and Sell Forum does keep the passion for photography burning...not forgetting our wallet will be burning too.

Comment

Ha ha class leader. Its not the gear dear forumers, its us to a certain extend gears are important but most important is your creativity. I always remind my self " Its not my lack of equipment or gears but lack of creativity that hinders my growth " Self Reminder lah

2 of my fav photographers with average gears but tons of creativity > Bill Gekas and Mr 007 Instagram. Uncle Google and see their works.
                    Travel, Human Interest and Studio Photography

Comment

Just got myself a fujifilm x100 to reignite the flame

Comment

To some its the gears that keep them poisoned for more and more.

Be inspired by different genres alike.
                        A simple kit lens and do wonders like what kingz just mentioned.CREATIVITY.

How do we get inspired? A sound mind with that eagerness to learn something new everyday.

Jot down when we are free what strikes your mind to get that beautiful image you saw.
                        How to get that image.What settings must i do etc etc..

Share your shots.Look at others work of same and different interest.
                        Give a little competition to push on.

I`m writing this,I am pushing on.Yawn…..Goodnight,ladies and gentlemen

Comment

for me, whenever i get stagnant, i try different genres/methods/subjects

sometimes I just take a break from it... no touching camera, & no reading photography stuff completely. Then I come back fresher then before
                          http://www.facebook.com/eddyhuangphotography

Comment

Originally posted by eddyhuang View Post
                            for me, whenever i get stagnant, i try different genres/methods/subjects

sometimes I just take a break from it... no touching camera, & no reading photography stuff completely. Then I come back fresher then before
                            Yeah, I stop for a year... started this hobby since 2004

Comment

Travel to unfamiliar or even familiar places. You are bound to bring along your camera(s).
                              http://ckgoplaces.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X