google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Of Course it is all Luck - Henri Cartier Breeson - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of Course it is all Luck - Henri Cartier Breeson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Course it is all Luck - Henri Cartier Breeson

I love Henri Cartier Breeson’s work. I did not realised that he had so many quotable quotes. So here are a selection of my favourite quotes by Henri Cartier Breeson.

“It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

“To photograph: it is to put on the same line of sight the head, the eye and the heart.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

“A photograph is neither taken or seized by force. It offers itself up. It is the photo that takes you. One must not take photos.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

“Of all the means of expression, photography is the only one that fixes a precise moment in time.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson

“The picture is good or not from the moment it was caught in the camera.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

“The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson

“To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson “Photography is, for me, a spontaneous impulse coming from an ever attentive eye which captures the moment and its eternity.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

“Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera.” “For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

“Above all, I craved to seize the whole essence, in the confines of one single photograph, of some situation that was in the process of unrolling itself before my eyes.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson

For more quotes by Henri Cartier Breeson, click here.
    Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Re: Of Course it is all Luck - Henri Cartier Breeson

Wow, I have less than 10,000 shots to my credit. This is going to take a while before I see improvement in my photographs.

Comment

According to my Lightroom catalog, I have 987,879 photos in 18 HDDs attached to my PC. But my photos are still crappy. So Henri Cartier Bresson couldn't have been right.... or something must be wrong with my cameras. Maybe I need a Leica.
      Yusuf Hashim
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by digitalartist View Post
        According to my Lightroom catalog, I have 987,879 photos in 18 HDDs attached to my PC. But my photos are still crappy. So Henri Cartier Bresson couldn't have been right.... or something must be wrong with my cameras. Maybe I need a Leica.
        Uncle Yusuf, I think you're right. You do need a Leica and I have one for sale

BTW it's cheaper than your Canon 300mm that you seek

Comment

I read his biography, he gives little credit to his talent. What a humble humble man.

Comment

Another photographer who the world did not acknowledge until lately is VIVIEN MAIER, only after her death. Google her........

Comment

Ah ... this quote probably only applies to an icon and legend like Cartier-Bresson himself. For the rest of us mere mortals, the number is probably 100,000 or 200,000 or more.

Cheers.
              Last edited by lonerider88; 24-09-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

He was referencing film with this quote so I would say it's about right. If you shoot digital 10x more than film, that would be about 100k, as per your estimate

Originally posted by lonerider88 View Post

Ah ... this quote probably only applies to an icon and legend like Cartier-Bresson himself. For the rest of us mere mortals, the number is probably 100,000 or 200,000 or more.

Cheers.
                www.facebook.com/TheCentreForAsianPhotographers

Comment

Originally posted by khaireen View Post
                  Another photographer who the world did not acknowledge until lately is VIVIEN MAIER, only after her death. Google her........
                  googled her!! awesome photographs taken using Rolleiflex

Comment

Originally posted by AFO View Post
                    googled her!! awesome photographs taken using Rolleiflex
                    There's a few books available in your nearest bookstore. I already scored my copies to expand my library.
                    Speaking of Cartier-Bresson, let's not forget Robert Doisneau. A man who received similar, if not more, recognition in his native France.
                    [URL="http://www.loveanda35.com"]Portfolio / Blog / Photography Course[/URL] | [URL="http://instagram.com/loveanda35#"]Instagram[/URL] | [URL="https://twitter.com/loveanda35"]Twitter[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                    X