Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

| eddieputera's PHOTOGRAPHY BLETHER : Photographers who forget to take pictures|

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: | eddieputera's PHOTOGRAPHY BLETHER : Photographers who forget to take picture

Its not easy to take photos with soul. Firstly one has to assimilate the philosophy in one's mind eye and to recognise the scenes as it happens. It is a never ending thought process and it changes with one's perspective as time goes by.

But then photography is a journey not a destination.
    Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Comment

Re: | eddieputera's PHOTOGRAPHY BLETHER : Photographers who forget to take picture

Originally posted by digitalartist View Post
      The closet philosopher-photographer is out....and man, he speaks the truth, he speaks well and he moves things. We've got a good one here guys...

Thank you DA. Appreciate it.

Originally posted by maxby View Post
      Its not easy to take photos with soul. Firstly one has to assimilate the philosophy in one's mind eye and to recognise the scenes as it happens. It is a never ending thought process and it changes with one's perspective as time goes by.

But then photography is a journey not a destination.
      Uncle, I like that statement. It reflects everything that we are striving for. Thank you.
      SAYA TUKANG GAMBAR
      sigpic

Comment

nice man..a reminder for us
        Captures Beyond Lenscape

Comment

eddie- dont show your age here
          Flash light diffuser here

Comment

excellent write-up. photography is all about communication. the medium of getting the result is another thing. i took the plunge into analogue photography was not because of the poison not having the rights of bragging and shout it out loud that look, i shoot film! my balls are bigger than yours. like maxby said, its not about the destination, its the journey. i need something new. something that can brightens up the spark in my passion of taking pictures. after rigorous search thru the net plus close discussion with fellow members, i have to admit it forms a certain what do you called it, discipline? i've began to look things differently. small things that we all took for granted. digital still reign supreme, no doubt about that, my line of work is 100% digital, speed things up tremendously and over the years, where time is so fast, one day you've realised you've missed all the good stuffs even tho you shoot at 10 frame per second. let just say that analogue photography keeps me sane and relive my artistic perspective in taking pictures. makes you think like an artist and its a good therapy too. ask maxby. he still thinks he's 17.
            Your 1st 10,000 shots are your worst - H.C. Besson; thank god for memory cards.

Comment

thanks... n good write out....

Comment

good write-up bro! but film really reborn me into photography.
                http://imanphotography.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by eddieputera
                  In the midst of this confusing war, started by us, and fuelled by the vicious industry, we forget what we are all in this for. We forget the path that we are supposed to tread. We forget to take pictures.

How true.

Comment

So..this whole article is about film or digital or to take better photos? blur
                    flickr.tumblr.lytro

Comment

Recently I've had first hand experience in this rather organic Gen Y issue in photography.
                      I had the opportunity to sit down and talk to a few of these so called "Hero's" of modern photography. One felt that purchasing a battery grip would hence give you better images.
                      After asking him how many years has been a professional photographer he said 2 weeks! Sensing that he saw me as some uncle who didn't know the digital world, I asked him one more question. What color space to you use and what is the difference between sRGB and Adobe RGB. I noticed the blank stare and ceased to ask him any further questions. My point similar to Eddie is the these folks can not distinguish the difference between the tree's from the woods. They are so caught up in gear that they don't know the difference between a good image and bad image let alone a great image. So lets continue with the "Lang Lui " images and see how sharp or unsharp they are.

Comment

Well done bro..., it is a life cycle...

Comment

Originally posted by f8 and be there View Post
                          After asking him how many years has been a professional photographer he said 2 weeks! Sensing that he saw me as some uncle who didn't know the digital world, I asked him one more question. What color space to you use and what is the difference between sRGB and Adobe RGB. I noticed the blank stare and ceased to ask him any further questions. My point similar to Eddie is the these folks can not distinguish the difference between the tree's from the woods. They are so caught up in gear that they don't know the difference between a good image and bad image let alone a great image. So lets continue with the "Lang Lui " images and see how sharp or unsharp they are.
                          Just my 2 cents...

Talking about in-camera, software technicalities, I don't think we can judge whether one is a good photographer or not if he know about technical stuffs of digital photography. I read about one legendary veteran of Nat Geo photographer who now shoots with digital but doesnt really know about the techical stuffs of his camera. And he even doesn't use PS coz he admits he knows nothing about it...But you can be sure that this legendary photog does takes lots of pics with a soul!

Then there's one famous british glamour/advertising photog (forgot his name) that admit he didn't even know how to explain 'megapixels' & all its technical terms. Again, this chap, kept producing pictures that are so different from others pros that attracts big & well known international clients

I learnt a lot from these type of photogrpahers. I learnt that sometimes, you can do something that many others think 'impossibble'. For example, shooting soccer with 'only' a 4 FPS camera.

If I told you guys to shoot soccer using a 4 FPS camera, many of you must say "crazy you...stupid or what? u Need a 10 FRAMES PER SECOND CAMERA FOR THAT"!!! Well, try to say that to Bob Martin, a sports shooter maestro from UK. He used to shoot high speed, unpredictable sports such as soccer using 1DS Mark II!. And try look at his portfolio, then you know why in in one year, he won more than 20 prestigeous awards for his pictures. For a 'soul searcher of sports photography', I always look up to Bob Martin.

Since day one, taking a good picture for me are always about how well u understand about the subject/object u wanna photograph, after that how well i can balance the light, composition etc...etc...It NEVER about how expensive or el cheapo the camera that I use...Or think about how much the extra percentage of sharpness that I can get with the 70-200 VR II vs VR 1. Well nowadays, I can't say that i'm a very good photographer...But at least I'm confident to shoot "lite sport' such as Golf using Fuji S5 Pro, a camera which many consider not even 'fast' enough for a simple event shooting. Or shooting a World mountain Champion runner panning style, at only 1 FPS because my external flash went "kaputt" & have to rely on built in flash, but still manged to get it on magazine cover.

All in all, I totally agreed with Abang Eddie. But seriously I don't think those statement will 'affect' us much because we are not like American/European photographers whom prefer to shoot more & talk less. In Malaysia, I think many prefer to talk about gears, pixel peeping etc...Well thats not a BAD thing, but i'm certainly not belong to that group...
                          Last edited by Kerry28; 25-01-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Ever notice how people who comment here ain't the so called "gen-y" group?
                            flickr.tumblr.lytro

Comment

I'm wondering what Ben_T is doing right now? Hmmm..

Comment

Originally posted by damak View Post
                                . ask maxby. he still thinks he's 17.

Nah! I just had my 30th birthday not so long ago...
                                Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Comment

Working...
                                X