Out of Africa......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Out of Africa......

You really have awesome pictures there. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing it here.
    This is certainly a trip of a lifetime..

Comment

Originally posted by digitalartist View Post
      Thanks for the kind words. I believe I've got enough material to do several books. In fact I've got several WIP books. The thing that slows me down is really the financing part. A 1000 print run for a 200 pages 12 x 12 Coffee Table book will probably cost in excess of RM50K. At least for the moment, I believe that kind of money will be better spent to see more of our Little Blue Planet. Perhaps if I can get sponsorship support I could be persuaded to redouble efforts. For the moment I'm just not pushing it, preferring to move like this quite large African Tortoise (12 inches high and 18 inches long)which I almost ran over as it crossed my track in the African Bush.....

Name:  e018b91d9873c397569bb76ea02f9548.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  139.8 KB
      Hope u could receive sponsoship from some generous parties / authority.
      Surely u & team r doing us malaysian proud that we can rival the westerners that dominate the African wildlife scene.

Comment

In my travels, I really thought I've seen everything, and nothing would ever shock me anymore, but with the Zebras in the rear, and the Rhinos in the front, I turned to my right, and what do I see ????

I saw this Baboon happily playing with himself. He is one of the minor males in the group, and obviously the Baboon Chief of his group who is really big, wouldn't let him touch any of the group's females, so I suppose he's had to resort to masturbation.

I've got quite a good series of shots of him that can probably rival the Edison Chen revelations.......

Name:  5b33d92e32bc0ec129c6df50d5fec1b8.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  143.4 KB
        Yusuf Hashim
        sigpic

Comment

well... DA you can sponsor them bras? nice candids...!

nice pics of wildlife...

Comment

And here's a magnificent Kudu Bull I spotted on a ridge above me. He was watching me, no doubt assessing whether or not I was a threat to him. He must have been at least 2.5 meters tall, with magnificent horns which indicated his age to be around 40 years. Kudus normally dont survive this long, and this must be a very special animal. Kudus are from the antelope family and they normally hide in thickets of thorns to protect themselves from lions, leopards, hyenas and wild dogs. Humans sometimes hunt them for their meat and their horns. And Kudu mean is quite common in African eating places...

Name:  247b7d4ef8a6d62bcdf661b09af16d48.jpg
Size:  133.5 KB
            Yusuf Hashim
            sigpic

Comment

Name:  5b33d92e32bc0ec129c6df50d5fec1b8.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  143.4 KB

that baboon stim la....

Comment

This ugly fella is a Warthog. Warthogs are like our wildboars, except that they have really menacing curled tusks which they use to dig the ground for food. They eat roots, bulbs, fungi, fruit, eggs, worms, birds, small mammals, and even dead animals. They are called warthogs because they have large warts on their heads, and males have warts on their faces as well. They tend to run away from humans and they are a favourite prey for leopards, cheetahs, hyenas and wild dogs.

Name:  2b1f3fd01138d42bdd45f2bbbebfbe52.jpg
Size:  130.4 KB
                Yusuf Hashim
                sigpic

Comment

In case you are bored with animal shots, here's a picture of some African women. Boy, I do like their attitude about mammary glands. All women everywhere should seriously take note....

Click here to see more mammary glands
                  Last edited by digitalartist; 16-05-2008, 01:19 AM.
                  Yusuf Hashim
                  sigpic

Comment

In case you are bored with animal shots, here's a picture of some African women. Boy, I do like their attitude about mammary glands. All women everywhere should seriously take note....

hahahaha

Comment

tuan haji ... from ur story, EF100-400L is very versatile and good lens. last time u said u 'tak suka' this lens heheh ... i think from now on, this lens is a must for u for the next trip..hehehehehhe.

where's the lion and tiger? and also gazelle. love to see them.... hehehe
                      http://imanphotography.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by ImAn View Post
                        tuan haji ... from ur story, EF100-400L is very versatile and good lens. last time u said u 'tak suka' this lens heheh ... i think from now on, this lens is a must for u for the next trip..hehehehehhe.

where's the lion and tiger? and also gazelle. love to see them.... hehehe

hahahhahah...i think this fella will buy one unit of the 100-400 soon..ekekke..go iman go!!!

erk..300L tuh jgn lupa tolak kengkawan...hahahha....

Comment

Hahahha! The baboon was a good one!
                          [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

Comment

Name:  110564e617e4b12cfdb490c896a99a76.jpg
Size:  91.8 KB

This is a telephoto view of LakeMakat in the Ngorongoro Crater of Tanzania. The Crater is the world’s largest volcanic crater which can fit 4 Singapore islands inside it. It is about 700 meters deep and within the Ngorongoro Crater there are about 50,000 animals of all types and hundreds of thousands of migrating Pink Storks. This is Lake Makat.
                            Last edited by digitalartist; 24-02-2008, 12:50 PM.
                            Yusuf Hashim
                            sigpic

Comment

Salam DA...

saw the album in ur facebook! i cant help smiling and giggling while reading your narrations. hubby enjoyed reading it too. the writing is inspiring, humorous and informative at the same time. Great stuff!

Comment

Fantastic series, I hope to see more here. How I wish I can have the time to travel in a 4x4 in Africa.

Comment

Working...
                                X