This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA's 10 Good Habits for Composition

The picture of the hands of the Grandpa with the little boy really inspires me. I so envy photographers who can see more like that. I surely got lots more to learn. Really.
    [URL="http://www.flickr.com/airbiscuit"]
    [/URL]

Comment

thanks for sharing Mr DA

Comment

Thanks DA for this article and I read this again, after the K-x Workshop. We met during one of the tea break session.

So will keep this and will also revise from time to time, trying to get the artistic view and also good composition.

As what learn from DA, Maxby and also Eddie, it is the years of shooting that gain the experience for a good composition. So, will keep learning and will keep shooting.

Cheers!
        Am new to photography.

Comment

Thank you for all the valuable experience... Now I will think more before I press the button...

Comment

pm please for course offer at Open University. Thanks. i surf the website and cant find it..

Comment

yup... i like to know the photography course at Open University...

Comment

great article.... long articles normally loses me after the 2nd paragraph.. but yours actually brought me rite to the end...

Comment

Good One! Its like a summary the whole book which I'm reading now!Thanks for sharing.

Comment

thanx, now u become my tutor

Comment

Looking at the recent posts in this thread, for those PM members who have expressed a desire to learn more, I'd like to tell you that Maxby and I regularly conduct a unique photography learning experience specially developed for photomalaysia members.

Its called the PhotoMalaysia PhotoSafari Experience or PMPE for short. The program consists of a workshop of two full days, where we discuss and teach all the practical technicalities of digital photography, including post processing in a classroom environment. This is then followed by a Photo Safari of around 10 days to exotic locations like Angkor Wat, and Siem Reap in Cambodia, the sand dunes, highlands, villages and fishing regions in Central Vietnam, to Bangladesh where we traverse the country up to its border with India, and the latest just completed PMPE6 in October this year, to the Old Silk Road in Xinjiang Uyghur. All these photosafaris are non-profit events where the fees are pegged to costs, and some of the surplus, if any, are donated back to PhotoMalaysia. At these photo safaris, Maxby and I try to share with you whatever little photography knowledge we have, by demonstrating on location, all the stuff we discussed at the workshop classroom. And on some of the evenings during the photo safari, when participants are not savouring the local cousine like the fried spiders, barbecued worms, roasted grasshoppers, and duck embryos in Cambodia, or dog meat dishes in Vietnam, or barbecued lamb in Kashgar, we hold critiques of the day's photographs. We try to guide them towards shooting thinking photographs, to see light creatively, which sets them clearly apart from the usual unthinking snap-shooters. To date more than 300 photomalaysia members have benefited from the PMPE workshops and photo safaris and we've seen their work improve significantly. And you need only look at their photos in our coffee table books, to see how good their photos are. Some of their photos are presently displayed at the Photo Malaysia People and Places Exhibition at the Nikon Centre at Berjaya Times Square in Kuala Lumpur.

We'll be going to Siem Reap again in December 2010 for PMPE7, and PMPE8 will be to the Himalayas in Nepal in March 2011. We are also planning another winter shoot at the high altitude grasslands of Xinjiang Uyghur, reputedly the coldest place in China where temperatures can fall as low as -50 Celsius. And a Winter PMPE in 2011 in not so cold Bangladesh is also being planned to shoot the magnificent yellow mustard fields there, which blooms in winter. Future PMPEs are also presently being planned and recced for Africa, India, Turkey and South America. You can find details of all these photosafaris HERE.

A unique feature of the PhotoMalaysia PhotoSafari Experience is that after each photo safari, Maxby and I compile and publish a coffee table book showcasing the work of all the PMPE participants.

You can preview the latest photosafari coffee table book published for the participants of PMPE6 to the Old Silk Road HERE. Or you can click on the book cover picture below:

Name:  909a8b30018c7b260dc20bfcf24cc909.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  77.6 KB

Coffee Table Books from three previous photosafaris can be previewed by clicking the links below.

1. The Other Side of Angkor

Name:  ced416be62f5904fb39156db01ea1568.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  15.7 KB

2. Dep Qua Vietnam (You're Beautiful Vietnam)

Name:  167737df071e26719e2a226ba4a3f28e.jpg
Size:  9.5 KB

3. Amazing Siem Reap

Name:  b9ae07b178b6d0ef1fe25cbb8f85d854.jpg
Size:  17.3 KB
                      Last edited by digitalartist; 11-11-2010, 02:51 PM.
                      Yusuf Hashim
                      sigpic

Comment

The trips and classes are worth goin for
                        Lets see if I can get leave approved this time (Nepal).
                        [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

Comment

i just wonder how to explore more about composition...
                          here in PM,all sifu willing to share their skills to us...
                          bravo Mr.DA for ur great lesson...
                          Be friendly toward nature.

Comment

good read. Thanks

Comment

Excellent stuffs.

Am not creative, so always find composition a problem to me. But such guide really educates me and will attempt to regulate the habits mentioned.

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write this. It is not heavy, I need the remaining 25!!!!!
                                "Gear is good, vision is better." David duChemin

Comment

Working...
                                X