Portraiture Post Processing for Beginners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Portraiture Post Processing for Beginners

A big milestone for PhotoMalaysia. A big thanks to Dr. Teh.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberixus View Post
      A big milestone for PhotoMalaysia. A big thanks to Dr. Teh.
      Thanks to all of you too. It is nothing like seeing the fruits of my "labour" when I start seeing results from all who bought the ebook.
      banhup.com

Comment

ooolalalala

This is just amazing.. so are you gonna give up your practice?

Comment

Originally posted by mohamadfazli View Post
          ooolalalala

This is just amazing.. so are you gonna give up your practice?
          I am halfway there for a long time now.
          banhup.com

Comment

Dr.Teh, I have purchased your book. You mentioned that there is a discount for PM member, but this was not mentioned when I bought the book on line from Shashinki. Anywhere if there is a discount I do not mind donation to PM. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwintan View Post
              Dr.Teh, I have purchased your book. You mentioned that there is a discount for PM member, but this was not mentioned when I bought the book on line from Shashinki. Anywhere if there is a discount I do not mind donation to PM. Thank you.
              You are supposed to enter a discount code posted by shashinki.com at this link http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49797 where you will get your RM15 discount. Now that you have purchased it I suggest you PM KK and see how he can help.

Thanks so much for your support... and for your nice message at my pbase site!
              banhup.com

Comment

Originally posted by dtbh View Post
                Great idea. I have so far seen one piece done after reading this ebook (thro' flickr) and I am really happy that it was good! I have asked him to post the Before and After version here too.
                Ok, my try after skimming thru the book
                Name:  14788d44f51627c6c969f2289ee61d45.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  122.7 KB

Excuse the blown highlights on the hands and face as this is a quickie job. Thanks for viewing and for the steps, dr
                Flash light diffuser here

Comment

Originally posted by edward chan View Post
                  Ok, my try after skimming thru the book
                  Name:  14788d44f51627c6c969f2289ee61d45.jpg
Size:  122.7 KB

Excuse the blown highlights on the hands and face as this is a quickie job. Thanks for viewing and for the steps, dr
                  Edwards, thanks for posting your attempt. I will give my comments just on the processing and will ignore the blown highlights as you requested.

This is a decent attempt as a quickie job as this is much better than I was after my workshop with Manny. I find the skin smoothening a bit overdone resulting in a plasticky skin. The main objective in skin smoothening is to have picture perfect skin (hopefully) without any signs to show that you have processed it. One way to control that is to either Zoom in to 100% or 25% during the step when you reduce the opacity for the Gausian Blur at the end of the whole smoothening stage. You should see almost normal skin as the end result.

Go play with that and I am sure with practice you will do just fine.

Thanks again for sharing.
                  banhup.com

Comment

Originally posted by dtbh View Post
                    Edwards, thanks for posting your attempt. I will give my comments just on the processing and will ignore the blown highlights as you requested.

This is a decent attempt as a quickie job as this is much better than I was after my workshop with Manny. I find the skin smoothening a bit overdone resulting in a plasticky skin. The main objective in skin smoothening is to have picture perfect skin (hopefully) without any signs to show that you have processed it. One way to control that is to either Zoom in to 100% or 25% during the step when you reduce the opacity for the Gausian Blur at the end of the whole smoothening stage. You should see almost normal skin as the end result.

Go play with that and I am sure with practice you will do just fine.

Thanks again for sharing.
                    Hi doc, now that you mentioned it, I will take it with a kilo of salt .I used 30 pixels on a 10mb pic. Maybe I will use 20 or stick to 30 and lower down the opacity b4 flatenning the image.

Did not know that one can play around with the unsharp mask with such variations. thanks again
                    Flash light diffuser here

Comment

i have bought the ebook and it is with amazing details on the technique used. It opens up a new world of pp for me. No more NAS for lens, for the time being until i master the the beginner's pp techniques. Furthermore, the take a break section is simply inspring.
                      TQ Dr for sharing your knowledge and your picture collection.

Comment

Originally posted by edward chan View Post

Did not know that one can play around with the unsharp mask with such variations. thanks again
                        Yes. You can actually add your own techniques to what I have mentioned in the book.

Originally posted by sunster View Post
                        i have bought the ebook and it is with amazing details on the technique used. It opens up a new world of pp for me. No more NAS for lens, for the time being until i master the the beginner's pp techniques. Furthermore, the take a break section is simply inspring.
                        TQ Dr for sharing your knowledge and your picture collection.
                        My pleasure to share. I am glad that you have benefitted from it. As I said in the book, you can actually produce pro-like results with that technique.
                        banhup.com

Comment

hardcover version??.. wat hcover?.. printed oredy.. send for binding... now turning a bookkk....

hv not hd time to read yet tho...
                          http://flipsnap.blogspot.com , FB: anipiah is apai

Comment

Dear All,
                            These are sample of images that I managed to process. Itís a combination of the techniques outlines in the book as well as my experimentation on USM and High Pass Sharpening.

The result of these images was achieved in not more than 10 mins each; depending on how much cloning in that particular image that has to be done.

Comments are welcome and thank you for viewing.

BEFORE
                            Name:  78e88a996031f4004a872a02e2b11251.jpg
Size:  231.3 KB

AFTER
                            Name:  bd7e8aff24615aa5b1567c718c8fb6bc.jpg
Size:  241.1 KB

BEFORE
                            Name:  d8dada0bbfb29a4b970aa8c8b880ec62.jpg
Size:  353.9 KB

AFTER
                            Name:  3082b5ecdfd1c70052521f565c03a929.jpg
Size:  449.8 KB
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharkawi3d/

Comment

Mamiya, I think there will be more comments if you start a new thread (in future) as not all will look at an old thread.

My sincere comment is that you are off to a great start. I love the first image better than the 2nd. Having said that I must applause you for adding to the processing of the 2nd image what you already know to the workflow I described in the ebook. With more attempts I am sure you will eventually develop your own style. Bravo.

Thanks so much for sharing!
                              banhup.com

Comment

I just bought your ebook this afternoon. Here's my attempt with JPEG + sRGB color space. Its still rocks!

Verdict :-
                                I would say 'Highly Recommended' for beginner or intermediate user. Thanks to Doc for his generousity to share this finest workflow boldnessly. I found it's rather unique to find Doc featuring its awesome works along the tutorial which act as a healing to our eyes after so much concentration at the reading. Healing is his nature though. This ebook is worth more than the price. Looking forward for his next recipe.

Last edited by teohjo; 27-05-2008, 12:29 AM.
                                w w w . j o s h u a t e o h . c o m

Comment

Working...
                                X