This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kelas Kamera LoctorMayat: Flash Photography

very nice class that give us some idea on playing around with the flash.
    want to know, when set the external flash remotely, do we fire the in-camera flash???
    if no, then it really out of my knowledge that external flash can be fire remotely without fire the in-camera flash.
    if yes, then why can't see light from left to overcome the left shadow or create right shadow?? How can we do this??
    tks.

Comment

Ciku LM,

You are #1 joker. Nen Nen .

You are also my No#1 ciku. One lesson only and I want to run out and buy a SB600. Why cant all the ciku be like you? Then we will all be advanced stulent in no time.

Comment

ushhh...baru tak tidur dalam kelas macam ni punye cikgu..thank you...i guess no compensation is done here from the first direct flash set-up till last one and i supposed the compensation is up to kind of lighting or final exposure after the test exposure...until you are happy with the results or do you need one?...masih sure tak sure sebab belum berguru dengan sape-sape and belum dare to ask so far...
        http://rusdi3713.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ljlim View Post
          very nice class that give us some idea on playing around with the flash.
          want to know, when set the external flash remotely, do we fire the in-camera flash???
          if no, then it really out of my knowledge that external flash can be fire remotely without fire the in-camera flash.
          if yes, then why can't see light from left to overcome the left shadow or create right shadow?? How can we do this??
          tks.
          AH!! I know someone will ask this.

Okay.. to answer your question. Yes the onboard flash need to be triggered to fire the external flash wirelessly.

But hor... to me it's okay because when the onboard flash is firing the shutter curtain is not released. So no (or should I say LESS) light is captured by the camera that is emitted from the onboard flash.

To understand easily, this is how the sequence when you fire your SB-600/800/900 using the onboard flash via commander mode:

Onboard Flash : "Oi oi... speedlights... please fire some light thank you"
          Speedlights : *PIAK PIAK PIAK* "Nah... enough boh?"
          #1: *Light is captured through the lens and feedback to smart brain inside camera*
          #2: *smart brain inside camera tell onboard flash to tell the speedlights how much power they need to fire*
          Onboard Flash : "OI OI.. speedlights... please fire XXX amount of kuasa sakti light"
          Speedlights : "OKAY BOSS!!" **PIAK**
          Camera : *Release shutter*
          LoctorMayat Kurang Ajar!! Get Lost From My SB700 Thread!!

Comment

thanks !! wo ai ni!!!

Comment

Ciku ! ops.. i mean, cekgur, aku nek berlie tu ultamon, nek jual ker ?
              I'm full time gear head, yes i am... :D

Comment

ya... boleh jual

RM189.90 thank you

Comment

thanks cikgu LM, now i got it..... will try it myself later...
                  tks.

Comment

wonderful!

please post your own ultraman photos here

Comment

Thank you Loctor.
                      1. I read that in order for the onboard flash to trigger the slave flash, it must "see" the red color sensor of the slave, which part of the onboard sensor to be exact ya?
                      2. Do you Cikgu, mind to write something to explain about what does those specifications of those flashes mean? Can take any flash as example. And please do do write it in your own humorous words please. If tak boleh also takpe Cikgu.

By the way, I have found something that helped me to understand more about flash photography also --> http://www.vividlight.com/Articles/611.htm

Comment

wah.. suddenly I tak paham what you asking.

(1) As long as the flash is able to receive the pre-flashes from your onboard flash, then it's okay liao.. other than that.. too complex (and I think not useful) for me to understand

(2) You mean terms like i-TTL... BL mode... FP.... etc etc?

Comment

murid2 semua, sila beri tepukan untuk cikgu LM kita...

Comment

Absolutely Brilliant!!!
                            Thanks for this,...now to recover from the pox at pc fair and join Booby Koh photo shoot

Comment

1. Ya I think I got it. What I meant is how does the slave flash "receives" the preflash. So I suppose as long as the preflash hits the slave flash a bit, then it will trigger (for the main flash to fire)
                              2. Ya I agak-agak know lah what are i-TTL, BL etc but not very sure.

Actually like what is the difference between auto flash and manual flash I put tak faham.

Thank you Loctor for your time once again.

Comment

oh.. no problem...

actually already got Kelas Flash ver2.0 in my blog if you care to go there and read up... but never explain into detail laa...

it's actually kelas on how to pakai 2 flash instead

Comment

Working...
                                X