Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympus OM-D - the new-old camera design?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus OM-D - the new-old camera design?

Name:  8800d14a05772acf1ae824d76a4872b6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  59.6 KB

Hey, what are you camera designing guys doing? Either you have no new ideas on camera designs or old is gold. Yesterday, I was at the launch of the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and it had that 50′s rangefinder design. Now Olympus is going to launch a new Olympus OM-D, a similar design to my first SLR camera, the Olympus OM 1-M (M for motor drive). It brings back that nostalgic feeling of yesteryear. The present trend in camera designs have gone retro with Fujifilm X100 spotting the Leica M3 lookalike and now Olympus with the OM 1 replica.

That aside, it seems that Olympus inspite of their Board Room fiasco has finally brought another DSLR to the market after the last E5.

Here are the rumoured specifications:-

For more details on this latest offering......Olympus OM-D
    Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Re: Olympus OM-D - the new-old camera design?

The OM-1 was my object of desire even when I was owning the Nikon F3 because of it's small size and cute design. Alas I never owned one.

Comment

Just one correction. It's not a DSLR...the prism is decoration. It's an EVFS
      Buy my art

Comment

Originally posted by maxby View Post
        Name:  8800d14a05772acf1ae824d76a4872b6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  59.6 KB

Hey, what are you camera designing guys doing? Either you have no new ideas on camera designs or old is gold. Yesterday, I was at the launch of the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and it had that 50′s rangefinder design. Now Olympus is going to launch a new Olympus OM-D, a similar design to my first SLR camera, the Olympus OM 1-M (M for motor drive). It brings back that nostalgic feeling of yesteryear. The present trend in camera designs have gone retro with Fujifilm X100 spotting the Leica M3 lookalike and now Olympus with the OM 1 – replica.

That aside, it seems that Olympus inspite of their Board Room fiasco has finally brought another DSLR to the market after the last E5.

Here are the rumoured specifications:-

For more details on this latest offering......Olympus OM-D
        Boss, the specification is not a rumour anymore. They have launched it to the public already.
        Lagi, lagi it isn't a replica of anything. But has a styling of 'as you said' yesteryears, the in thing now.

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        Just one correction. It's not a DSLR...the prism is decoration. It's an EVFS
        The prism isn't decorative, it is used to house the IS gyro units. So it has its function.

Comment

Working...
        X