• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just The Boats

My Recent Outing C & C Welcomed
    Travel, Human Interest and Studio Photography

Re: Just The Boats

A very nice view. But I feel the B&W didn't work. There's not much contrast and the shadows are blocked. You'll need to work more on the post processing.

Comment

I think if you isolate just one boat, it will give a better impact. As it is, it does not have that wow factor.
      Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Comment

Nice view for me..

Comment

GNDs.
          You need GNDs.
          The DR in the landscape was way beyond the DR of your sensor, and without GNDs, or an alternate solution (for example bracketing and appropriate PP) you will have a difficult decision as to where to place the exposure. Someone mentioned a lack of contrast, but that is a personal preference. You can easily increase contrast in PP, but at a cost to your mid tones. You obviously skewed the exposure to favor the sky, and got yourself into problems with the foreground. Nothing wrong with that, but if that was your intent, then you should have MYA to select a different perspective where your foreground would be more distinct (read separation), which is a composition issue. GNDs stacked with strip filters and reversed GNDs would have given you a greater latitude in exposure decisions before hitting the shutter release button. Shooters who like to brag about getting it right in the camera are also guilty of PP, except their PP refers to Pre-processing, compared to those much maligned for their skills in Post-Processing..
          When you put up a photo and ask for C&C, the common response is, some people will "like" your photo and some won't. I've tried to make the readership aware of the choices you have before hitting the shutter button.

I havent touched on composition and post processing possibilities .....
          Last edited by digitalartist; 16-07-2012, 12:01 PM.
          Yusuf Hashim
          sigpic

Comment

Thank You All For The Wonderful Comments And Feedback I will re pp and post
            Travel, Human Interest and Studio Photography

Comment

i think without PP would be better...
              www.flickr.com/asmawiyusof

Comment

What did you use for the B+W conversion? Was it in camera, or in post? If it was in post, would you mind sharing a colour (or RAW's even better if possible) so that some of us could take a whack at it? The file looks to me like there's some real potential there, and like it could really sing with a bit of massaging.

Comment

Working...
                X