google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html My attempt at a "low key" shot. - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My attempt at a "low key" shot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My attempt at a "low key" shot.

Dear Sifus...this is my attempt at a "low key" shot as the title suggests. This was taken at an indoor area with a window coming from the right hand side of my son. I very quickly took a shot and made an attempt to adjust the shadows and highlights using curves on PS Elements. Of course there is the minor cropping and the slight addition of vignetting. Do comment and let me know what and how I can improve. Make no mistake, I didn't plan for this and knowing how kids are, it was a hastily taken shot. Thank you all in advance.

Patrick

Re: My attempt at a "low key" shot.

I think it is a good try, however the setup could be better in producing a better image. The bright light from the door way is a little distracting. Try with a clean background and just your son in the frame. Also side lighting is great in certain situations, in this case placing the light, (window lighting) slightly forward of the subject may produce even better illumination on the subject.

Comment

Thank you for the reply...what about post processing? Anything in it that I can improve on?

Patrick

Comment

Difficult to say on the post processing as I can't tell much on this photo.
        I always try my best to setup background and sets and lighting to best of my knowledge before I take a shot. If I think I can edit it post processing to accomplish my objective, I am usually wrong. Get it right on screen and post processing would be a breeze.
        Unless you show the original for comparison, it is difficult to see what you have done in the PP on to his photo.

Comment

Noted, thank you again for your advice...

Patrick

Comment

he is cute. try + some exposure, it is way too underexposed, then it will be fine.

Comment

between, nice shadow gradient on his face good job

Comment

Good try. Looking forward for your next pic.

Comment

Too underexposed for my preference … maybe can turn abit the subject face towards the light source abit.. Nice try...

Comment

wht software to edit ?

Comment

Nice shot but a little underexpose.

Comment

Wow !!! absolutely fantastic topic. I am very glad to have such useful information.

หนังออนไลน์

Comment

Working...
                        X