Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nesting Colony

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nesting Colony

    All these shots are taken from a distance well over 30m.
    Using 300-800 zoom with a 2X crop sensor and images are also cropped.
    Photog was on the shoulder of the main road adjacent to the colony.
    In no way, were any of the bird, nestling or nest harm during this time.

    If these shots are deem inappropriate, Mr Moderator may remove the thread.

    Anyway, hope you like them :|


    1. Black-crowned Night Heron by ChongBT, on Flickr


    2. Black-crowned Night Heron by ChongBT, on Flickr


    3. Black-crowned Night Heron by ChongBT, on Flickr


    4. Purple Nesting by ChongBT, on Flickr

  • #2
    Re: Nesting Colony

    Phew! So all the Purple Herons are nesting on the same tree?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Nesting Colony

      Originally posted by Paul wu View Post
      Phew! So all the Purple Herons are nesting on the same tree?
      On a few trees, the greys on another.
      The egrets occupies any space opened.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Nesting Colony

        woogghhh nice seriess.....!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Nesting Colony

          Originally posted by aphermawan View Post
          woogghhh nice seriess.....!!!!
          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Nesting Colony

            Hope you got some action shots to share... Usually when they feed their young.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Nesting Colony

              i like natural, like it....., thank for sharing...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Nesting Colony

                can i know where is the location??? seem like really interesting....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Nesting Colony

                  Looks like the place in Alor Gajah.... It was recently gazetted as wild life / birds sanctuary by the state government. The birds were seen nestling that place for quite sometime already...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Nesting Colony

                    Good job Bitty!

                    Awesome shots!

                    Sam
                    samosauruschronicles.blogspot.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Nesting Colony

                      Originally posted by mallardg500 View Post
                      Hope you got some action shots to share... Usually when they feed their young.
                      Sorry Phoo, after these were taken I've not gone back there to shoot yet.

                      Originally posted by possibl3 View Post
                      i like natural, like it....., thank for sharing...
                      Thanks Possibl3
                      Yup, its natural flavouring, no artificial lighting added.

                      Originally posted by saif00582 View Post
                      Looks like the place in Alor Gajah.... It was recently gazetted as wild life / birds sanctuary by the state government. The birds were seen nestling that place for quite sometime already...
                      Saiful, this place is much closer to home than Alor Gajah.

                      Somewhere in Rawang, ask around the locals probably will point you to the right direction.

                      Originally posted by samo View Post
                      Good job Bitty!

                      Awesome shots!

                      Sam
                      Thanks Sam

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Nesting Colony

                        I like the first one, looks like 3D image. The 300-800 is a Sigma lens?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Nesting Colony

                          Originally posted by lutfiali View Post
                          I like the first one, looks like 3D image. The 300-800 is a Sigma lens?
                          Thanks lutfiali
                          Yup, it's the Sigmonster.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X