Air Terjun 500 @ Sungai Lembing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Terjun 500 @ Sungai Lembing

Also know as Air Terjun Pelangi (Rainbow Waterfall). Air Terjun 500 was what the locals used to call it....because it is about 500 feets high...

Went there today to recce the place....but by the time we reached the waterfall, there was no more rainbow. The usual time to see the rainbow is between 0830 - 1030.

From Sungai Lembing, we travelled using Toyota Hilux for about 1 hour.

We had to cross a river which was a waist deep, and followed by a 1 hour uphill by foot. Fuhhh...it was so physical.

Very unfortunate for us because just after only 30 minutes there.....it started to rain. Looking at the dark cloud behind us, the guide decided to call of the day

It was a challenge to carry a heavy Lowepro bag crossing the rivers, walking through the steep and wet jungle. What more challenging was to shoot the waterfall when water droplets were all over the place.

Re: Air Terjun 500 @ Sungai Lembing

Breath taking. Great effort.

Comment

Dr J, next time wanna go there can I tag along. School holidays is one week away so I can go out and shoot

Comment

Not during this wet season. April or May will be better Lily. We are planning for another trip during that time. dR Ali will arrange that I will just follow.

Comment

This is what I meant by the 'challenge'...

Comment

Another one

Comment

Breathtaking!!!!!

I'd like to visit it and hopefully KL/PJ members will organise a trip there.

Comment

School holidays for next year will be a bit tight. Lots of plans . Anyway just don't forget me if you guys going for an outing. I will try to come along if I am free.

Comment

Originally posted by tembeling
                  Another one

Love this one Dr. J.

Comment

Originally posted by noordin
                    Breathtaking!!!!!

I'd like to visit it and hopefully KL/PJ members will organise a trip there.
                    Yeah...come lah.

Comment

Did you get to see rainbow? According to the locals, you should be able to see rainbow at 11am and 1pm.

I was there a few years back, but I missed the rainbow time

Comment

Nope. The rainbow time is between 0830 to 1030. If anybody wanna go, you should leave from Sg Lembing at about 0630. Or there is a chalet halfway to the river where one can stay overnight. Not sure the price. But usually tourist will use a small lorry to go there....Have to stand all the way. And RM300 per trip including a guide.

If you go by your own 4WD, be prepared to get markings all over the car's body. See my first pic about the condition of the road.

Comment

so nice...
                          tak naik gunung tapis ker...lagi menarik panorama.....

Comment

I was half-dead already panjat that bukit to get to the waterfall...what more going to Gunung Tapis

Comment

Last pic from me....

Comment

Working...
                              X