Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using this combo? (Nikon 105VR, Raynox DCR-250 & R1 macro flash)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using this combo? (Nikon 105VR, Raynox DCR-250 & R1 macro flash)

I am trying to use this set together with a 1.4TC and D300. However, I am having trouble trying to figure out how to mount the Raynox in front while having the R1 macro flash attached to the end of the lens. The Raynox universal adapter is just to big once I have the R1 flash system attached.....

Any macro Sifus here with the same gear that can give me some advice?

Thanks,
    Kay Burn
    Last edited by Eskasi; 23-02-2009, 10:32 PM.

Re: Anyone using this combo? (Nikon 105VR, Raynox DCR-250 & R1 macro flash)

If you want more than 1:1, why dont you try to add ET rather than TC and Raynox. Even tho ET might have some limitation compare to TC.. it can be a good combination to go more than 1:1.. and you will have no problem to attach the R1C1 set in front of the lens..
    Thank You..

Comment

Yep, concur with malek. Use ET. That will get u to 2:1. If you want more mag, then add in the TC. But make sure the TC is mounted before the ET, then the lens, of course
      Jan 14 Macro Workshop

Comment

Problems are not with the TC....actually is mainly how to mount Raynox and Nikon R1 macro flash? I really like the Raynox but the Macro flash is more important to me....a must have..... any one manage to use a Raynox and Nikon R1 at the same time?

I should have made that the title of my post.... I do agree though that ET is probably better....no glass to spoil sharpness. But the Raynox is just so convinient...

Comment

Originally posted by Eskasi View Post
          Problems are not with the TC....actually is mainly how to mount Raynox and Nikon R1 macro flash? I really like the Raynox but the Macro flash is more important to me....a must have..... any one manage to use a Raynox and Nikon R1 at the same time?

I should have made that the title of my post.... I do agree though that ET is probably better....no glass to spoil sharpness. But the Raynox is just so convinient...
          Do yourself a favor and conduct the following test. Shoot the same subject with a 1.7X TC, then repeat the same shot with DCF250. Both should give u 1.7X. You'll see the obvious difference. Raynox shot gives you poorer bokeh...and the impression that the DOF is very shallow.

It's still not that bad at 1.7X (DCR250), but with MSN202 (3X if mounted on SP90 at 1:1), the bokeh is worse. That's why i got myself an MP-E65
          Jan 14 Macro Workshop

Comment

Re: Raynox DCR-250 & Nikon R1 macro flash... anyone using this combination?

Originally posted by Eskasi View Post
            I am trying to use this set together with a 1.4TC and D300. However, I am having trouble trying to figure out how to mount the Raynox in front while having the R1 macro flash attached to the end of the lens. The Raynox universal adapter is just to big once I have the R1 flash system attached.....

Any macro Sifus here with the same gear that can give me some advice?

Thanks,
            Kay Burn
            that's no way to use Raynox on R1 :9 sad to say that ....

i tried to figure out is that possible to have UV filter front of the R1 before... but seem cannot. If u manage to do that then get step down ring could help

agree raynox is convenient ...
            [URL="http://liewwkphoto.com/blog/"]liewwk Nature Photography Blog[/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"] [/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"]
            [/URL]

Comment

Working...
            X