Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Shoot-hamper in plastic wrap, anyone help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Shoot-hamper in plastic wrap, anyone help!

I have a product shoot tomorrow morning. This is my first time shooting hampers wrapped in plastic. How do i go about this without having so much glare and light reflections on the plastic? Backdrop is provided with white cloth. Pls advice light settings. Appreciate promptly tips!

Re: Product Shoot-hamper in plastic wrap, anyone help!

I think you are suppose to shoot it without the wrapping paper lar.
    It won't be nice at all with wrapping paper regardless how good you control those glares and reflections.

Check gift company website like Noel for samples, might be able help you.

Comment

i don't think they would allow me to do that because they have decorated colorful wrapping and fancy ribbons on it

Comment

Originally posted by arsty eyes View Post
        i don't think they would allow me to do that because they have decorated colorful wrapping and fancy ribbons on it
        Well, have you try talking to them about it yet?
        You are the photographer, you can give them some suggestion.
        They are not photographer, so some time they don't really know what they want.

It would be worst if those wrapping paper are those colored and semi-transparent type.

Not sure what type of hampers you are going to shoot,
        here are some those you cn find in supemarket type of hampers which you might be able to refer.
        http://www.love.com.my/hamper-delive...FdEvpAodZnxJXg

Comment

Originally posted by arsty eyes View Post
          Pray hard that the wrappings are clear. If not ask them to take it out as you should be in control of the product . The ribbons can still be there as a secondary prop
          Flash light diffuser here

Comment

the wrappers are clear but with a slight tint of colors.. i'll try to talk them out..

Comment

its for ramadhan and hari raya hampers that contains food, cakes, chocolates and biscuits.. say if they refuse to take it off, what are the best tool to use and settings?

I tried this :

1) direct flash which less glare on wrappings but creates great shadow

2) bounce on ceiling, but creates large amount of glare on wrappings

does CLS works? where do i bounce?

Comment

Working...
              X