google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset

Originally posted by renzu View Post
    Thank you for 'taking" us there. Awesome photos!
    Glad that you like the photos, Renzu. I'll strongly encourage for you to travel to Bali when possible, as the experience meeting with the locals and understanding the culture are priceless...

Originally posted by nglg212 View Post
    nice pictures...
    Thanks Ng.

Originally posted by dtbh View Post
    I finally see a travelogue of our Bali photo-safari! You have done well, HL. I am impressed.

I have been encouraged and inspired by this group. I told myself prior to the trip that this will be the first and only one that I will organise. This experience may have changed my mind.
    Thanks Doc for your kindness in sharing with us your knowledge and experiences and the encouragements that you gave all of us in sharing our photos.

I have to say all the photogs that have join your safari have gain new experiences in photography on top of the great PP skills we all learned from you. You should continue to organize for such safari trip, and bring the photography to the next level... Sincerely thank you for what you've shared with us, and it's great to know a good friend that has the same hobby now...

Comment

Our next stop is in Kayu Amba, where we see local villagers preparing a Religious festivals i.e. Odalan, that signifies the anniversary of a temple's founding. These festivals last a couple of days to a week. Temples are beautifully bedecked with flowers, palm leaves, flags and bamboo towers, complete with noisy parades, food offerings, and prayers that add religious fervor to the festive ambience.

[HL-036]

[HL-037]

[HL-038] - Villagers having a break while preparing for the Odalan festival decorations... Hmm, i wonder where these photogs came from? They really like to take photos, huh?

[HL-039] - A candid smile from this lady while she is having some tidbits during her break in preparing for the foods for the festival...

[HL-040] - Hmm... wonder why this photographer is taking my photo even when I'm having a coffee break..??? You want a cup of coffee?

[HL-041] - Let me show you how we can speed up cooking the satay, by just putting it together in circular layers and then bring it for BBQ, lo...

[HL-042]

[HL-043] - Ok, enough Satay already? I need to bring it to the back of the kitchen to BBQ it...

[HL-044] - Villagers all working together in harmony in preparing for the Odalan festival...

[HL-045] - Leftover bamboos lying on the floor for holding the satay to be BBQ...

[HL-046] Spread of cocunuts on the floor that will be use in preparing the foods for the festival to the villagers...

[HL-047] - Found this tree outside the temple. Hence, can guess how old the temple has been founded? Hmm...

[HL-048] - Found this lady walking around all corners of the temple where she make her prayers... and then she put a flower on those spots. Wonder why?

Comment

On the 2nd day evening, we went to visit the famous "The Holy Springs of Tirta Empul" in Tampaksaring. It is here that the Balinese come from all over the island on pilgrimages to bathe in the holy springs and thus cleanse themselves spiritually.

[HL-049]

[HL-050] - Before the devotees go down to the pool and heading toward the douches, first of all they have to do a small and simple pray first in front of the small temple which is located right in front of the pool and douches.

[HL-51] - Kids having fun in the pool...

[HL-052]

[HL-053] - The devotees stand firm in front of each douche in ‘pray’ position called sembah (see the picture) and then bend the position up down (curtsying) for 108 times for each douche.

[HL-054] - This shot has created the name "One-Shot Only" versus "Ouchy-lympus"...
        (Only the group of photographers in this safari trip will know this humour that we will carry forever when we meet)

[HL-055] - Kid playing with the fish in the pool...
        Last edited by mooMooDUDE; 29-08-2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Moving to the 3rd day of the photography safari in Bali, we again woke up very early at 4:00am (gosh, earlier than the previous day and yet all the photogs are still energetic and excited ), to capture the sunrise at Kusamba.

Kusamba is one of the favorite places of interest in Bali which is famous with the beautiful beach and a fisherman village. The boat line with the outrigger belong to the fisherman from countryside; are decorating the black sand unfolding along the coastal. Kusamba own the marvelous view with the splashing wave from the ocean and it is surrounded by the tropical atmosphere with soft sea breeze.

[HL-056] - Aiyo..yo... please don't rain as we suddenly see dark clouds flowing across the sea in Kusamba...

[HL-057] - The rising sun... It's definately worth to wake up early to capture moments like this.

[HL-057] - Aiya..ya... the dark clouds again...

[HL-058] - Yea, the dark clouds is gone...

[HL-059] - The amount of manpowers from the locals to pull the boat to shore...

[HL-060] - Locals loading goods to be send to another island... before pessengers go on board. I wonder how heavy can it take..???

[HL-061] - Locals selling the fresh fishes from the returns that morning...

[HL-062]

[HL-063] - Mens@Work...

[HL-064] The fisherman showing the mini-swordfish he captured...

Comment

wow fantastic !

Comment

Really love the sharpness, colour and scene! nice series!

Comment

Originally posted by mooMooDUDE View Post
                Thanks Zamrud for viewing and your coaching on how to take some good shots...
                No no, no need to thank me.....u are the one who took them....glad I can help u thru ur journey into photography....

Now with ur new found knowledge, u can combine them into something more profound.
                [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Zamrud's photo workshops [COLOR=Black]+[/COLOR] Photoshop editing [COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] click[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B][URL="http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111786"][COLOR=Red]HERE[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Wats ur gear ?mooMooDUDE

Comment

Absolute brilliance.......whats ur gear bro?
                    I dont own a camera......

Comment

Originally posted by yuenzhi View Post
                      wow fantastic !
                      Thanks YuenZhi for viewing, and glad to know that you like the album too...

Originally posted by spirit20816 View Post
                      Really love the sharpness, colour and scene! nice series!
                      Thanks for the comments Spirit20816... Appreciate it most.

Originally posted by zamrud View Post
                      No no, no need to thank me.....u are the one who took them....glad I can help u thru ur journey into photography....

Now with ur new found knowledge, u can combine them into something more profound.
                      Thanks again Zamrud. The knowlwedge gain is definately something that i'll cherish forever... Cheers!

Originally posted by traders999 View Post
                      Wats ur gear ?mooMooDUDE
                      Hi Traders999, I'm using a DSLR with 24-105mm f/1.4 and 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses for most of the shoots taken in this album. Most of the shots are taken with available lights only...

Originally posted by infamouz_creatorz View Post
                      Absolute brilliance.......whats ur gear bro?
                      Thanks Infamouz_Creatorz and glad that you like the album too. The gears i used during this trip is mentioned above...

Comment

After Kusamba, we went to Klungkung village where we have students from the local well known dancing school posing for us as the talents inside a temple known as Pura Bhuana Basic Gelgel.

[HL-065] - Trying out the bokeh... Whew! not easy to manage with f/1.2 lah, but the outcome results were very satisfying!

[HL-066]

[HL-067] - Whoosh... quick, quick and take the photos. Very tiring to post like that for too long.

[HL-068]

[HL-069] - Hmm... the props provided by Doc does make the photo to have different feel...

[HL-070] - Trying to be creative using the umbrella as the filter...

[HL-071]- Aiya-ya... why you photogs always asked us to post too long. Very tiring, until my hand and leg also shaking already... Hehehe...

[HL-072] - Aahh.... this posing is better, can relax a bit.

[HL-073]
                        Last edited by mooMooDUDE; 13-09-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Very nice series.
                          things that make you go hmmmm... at night

Comment

...great pics...tq for sharing....

Comment

Originally posted by N.azlan View Post
                              Very nice series.
                              Thanks N.Azlan for viewing.

Originally posted by lens_commander View Post
                              ...great pics...tq for sharing....
                              Thanks Lens_Commander...

Comment

Hi, I love your colours. Very rich and warm.

Love all of them. Too many to choose.

Now I have to show them to the misus to convince her to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X