google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset

the best photo!

Comment

Originally posted by OveRThroW View Post
      amazing series...
      Thanks OveRThroW for the kind words. Thanks for viewing too..

Originally posted by cerkoy View Post
      the best photo!
      Thanks cerkoy. Glad that you like the photos in my travelogue...

Comment

I feel like i was there....lovely scenario....

Comment

I am truly impressed... nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by amiblood View Post
            I feel like i was there....lovely scenario....
            Thanks amiblood for the nice comment, and I'm glad to know that you like the photos in this series.

Originally posted by alken View Post
            I am truly impressed... nice work!
            Thank you Alken and glad to know that you like the photos.

Comment

In the afternoon, we went to the home of a senior citizen lady to take some portraiture shot of the Balinese life. This lady is very friendly, and she always welcome us with her friendly smile.

I can still remember her sharp and cheerful voice as she will always say "Ya..." whenever you call her...

[HL-110] - Warm welcoming smile...

[HL-111] - Once she is in the mood, she can have her own props for you to capture her portraiture too... Hehehe...

[HL-112]

[HL-113]

[HL-114] - Lady behind The Net...

[HL-115]
              Last edited by mooMooDUDE; 13-09-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

On the 4th day evening of the Photography Safari, we went to Jimbaran Beach to capture the moments of sunset. Jimbaran is a fishing village and tourist resort in Bali, Indonesia. Located just at the south of Ngurah Rai International Airport, the beach is cluttered with seafood restaurants and some of the finest luxury hotels in the world. Tourism in Jimbaran has increased rapidly that has boosted local economy. It is administered under Kuta South District along with Nusa Dua peninsula.

[HL-116] - Not only the boats are capture here, but even the plane at the runway also managed to capture.. Hehehe...

[HL-117]

[HL-118] - Err... take our photo first, before we go back to the sea to capture more fish.

[HL-119] - Fisherman uses these baskets to collect their returns from fishing...

[HL-120] - I don't think i know anything about fishing, however, i'm wondering if fishing can be done near the shore? With the strong waves coming in, will the fish bite the baites? I wonder...???

[HL-121] - The sunset view at Jimbaran Beach...
                Last edited by mooMooDUDE; 13-09-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

On the final day of the photography safari in Bali, the early morning plan was to go to a popular waterfall near a village where we have kids playing there. However, because of the rain the night before, it's too risky for us to have the kids playing in the water, as the water current were just too strong.

Hence, we've decided and end up just taking the kids photos playing in their village instead...

[HL-122]

[HL-123]

[HL-124]

[HL-125]

[HL-126]

Comment

Our last visit during the photography safari on the 5th day was to visit the famous Baron & Rangda dance performance. Of all the form of Balinese dance, the Barong and Rangda performance which involves trance possession were the most fascinating to early western residents and visitors. Followers of the Barong frequently practiced self-stabbing during a performance, to the great interest of scholars and curiosity seekers alike.

The story is about the struggle between good and evil.Good is personified by the Barong Keket, a strange but fun-loving creature in the shape of a shaggy semi-lion. The evil is represented by Rangda a witch.

Although the performance is based on a Mahabharata story called ‘Sudamala’ or ‘Kunti Sraya’, the mask and general format are taken from Javanese Panji story of Calonarang performance. In this plot, which has been standardized so that a synopsis can be distributed to the audience, two Rangda masks are employed, worn by the goddess Durga and her servant-priestesses, Kalika. When the Barong appears at the end of the play, his followers practice simulated self-stabbing and other trance-like behavior according to precise timetable. After the tourist depart, everything come back to normal.

[HL-127]

[HL-128]

[HL-129]

[HL-130]

[HL-131]

[HL-132]

[HL-133]

[HL-134]

[HL-135]

[HL-136]

[HL-137] - I was a bit amaze why the performers stab themselves towards the end of the show. It was only after the show, i found out why..., as explain in the narration above. Whew...!!!

Comment

Hope everyone that review this travelogue album will be able to set some of their expectations on what they can expect to see in Bali.

Until my next travelogue... signing off now. Cheers!

Comment

What a great experience you got there, with a nice sets of photo..bravo...

Comment

Well done HL!!
                          :Bouquets: for being the most productive anak murid ... hehehe
                          I prefer the photos slightly brighter; u know la ... vision generally deteriorates after you hit .... emmm ... never mind ...

I really like this & keep coming back to it. Reminds me of photos of the Chinese Opera actors.
                          Originally posted by mooMooDUDE View Post

[HL-128]

Comment

Wonderful set
                            I love it

Comment

Good job HL...
                              the rest of the murid2 are stressed.....
                              nice color... very nicely capture...
                              I luv them all...
                              will use this thread as a reference when I do mine...

Comment

Seems like you really take your time framing each shot. So many good ones i cant comment one by one. Kind of serries i'd want myself when i travel. Colors are great..

Comment

Working...
                                X