google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset

On July 19th - 23th 2009, I have the honoured to join the photography safari organized by Dr. Teh Ban Hup (http://banhup.com) in Bali together with other photographers from Malaysia and Singapore.

During this photography safari, we've been taken to very nice places around Ubud by a local tourguide organized by Dr. Teh, where we've seen remarkable places that are preeminent for fine arts, religious Hinduism cultures, dances, and music.

On the first day of arrival, we went straight to a village from Ngurah Rai Denpasar airport where we met a very nice senior citizen, Pak Jingga. Here, we took some portraiture shots of Pak Jingga and made him the Star of the day with so many potential paparazi taking his photos as if he is in "Bali-wood".

[HL-001] - Pak Jingga a bit shy initially...

[HL-002] - Hmm, let me think... how should i pose to let these photogs to make me the Star of the day.

[HL-003] - This emotional look shows the life of Balinese people well...

[HL-004] - Ok, ok... quick, quick take my photo. A bit tiring already. Whew...!!!

[HL-005] - I'm #1 Star with so many photographers snaping my photo...

The photo session went very well, and Pak Jingga and his family were so nice and kind... to show us the Life of Balinese People.

Right after that, we travel to a place that are well known by locals and tourist as "Land in the Middle of The Sea". The name of this place is Tanah Lot. I started to take some street photography when i was there before taking the nice Tanah Lot landscape with the beautiful sunset.

[HL-006] - Hawkers selling Satay at the road-side...

[HL-007] - Nicely done woodcraft from the locals...

[HL-008] - Aiyak, forgot to bring enough cash and didn't know the shops don't accept credit card... Sigh! can't buy eventhough it's cheap-lo... Don't you know it's Sale Bazaar..???

[HL-009] - Let me show you the quality of my work here...

[HL-010] - Our local tourguide - Gusti Ngurah Rai. Ahem, do i look like a model or not...?

[HL-011] - Yikes, snakes... Cabut-lah...!!!

[HL-012] - Candid shot of this girl when i turn around while waiting for the rest of the photographers to go up to the hilly restaurants to take the sunset view of Tanah Lot...

[HL-013] - Let me share with you how is my 6-packs in the making is progressing... Err, where-ah?

[HL-014] - Tanah Lot, Land in the Middle of the Sea...

[HL-015] - Another view of the rock formation...

[HL-016]

[HL-017] - The sunset begin...

[HL-018]

[HL-019]

Re: My Travelogue to Bali - Sunrise to Sunset

I like #14. Pak Jingga poses are not natural though. Looked like a wonderful trip
    niksyahron.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by hairycrab View Post
      I like #14. Pak Jingga poses are not natural though. Looked like a wonderful trip
      Thanks HairyCrab for viewing and choosing the photo you like.

It was indeed a wonderful trip in Bali with the other photogs in the group...

Comment

I love HL-003.........good on ya. Congrats!
        [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Zamrud's photo workshops [COLOR=Black]+[/COLOR] Photoshop editing [COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] click[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B][URL="http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111786"][COLOR=Red]HERE[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Very nice
          Like last one and HL-015

Comment

Amazing Series and nice place..
            "Just my 2 cents"

Comment

Originally posted by zamrud View Post
              I love HL-003.........good on ya. Congrats!
              Thanks Zamrud for viewing and your coaching on how to take some good shots...

Originally posted by akuchess View Post
              Very nice
              Like last one and HL-015
              Glad to know that you like the photo..

Originally posted by keristuah View Post
              Amazing Series and nice place..
              Thanks. It's definately a very nice place for a short vacation, and with the friendly people around there too...
              Last edited by mooMooDUDE; 29-08-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Nice shot of the Pura Batu Bolong [HL-015] with a clear shot of the bolong.

Comment

The next morning, we're told to wake up at 4:30am to catch the sunrise of Mount Batur in Kintamani, which is still an active valcano.

[HL-020] - The caldera lake at the South East of Mount Batur, where the sun rise...

[HL-021]

[HL-022] - Tip of Mount Batur Volcano

[HL-023] - However, not long after... the drizzle started to fall from the sky and makes the cloud foggy.

[HL-024] - The cloud waves, that creates a nice pattern in the sky after the drizzle rain...

When the drizzle stops, we then decided to go down and visit the farmers from the Kedisan village that is surrounded by Danau Batur.

[HL-025] In Bali, the locals here have very unique way of carrying heavy loads...

[HL-026] - Early in the morning, the farmers started their life in agriculture as part of their main source of income...

[HL-027]

[HL-028]

[HL-029]

[HL-030]

[HL-031]

[HL-032] - Nice and relaxing scenery view of Mount Batur and the farmers at work in Kedisan Village...

[HL-033] - Our local guide - Rai, being so kind and patient to hold our breakfast packs while we're all busy taking photos... Wonder when these photogs will get hungry as they only took a cup of coffee at 4:30am in the morning... hmm...

[HL-034] - A fisherman at the crater lake of Mount Batur, which is one of the largest lake in Bali with an area size of 180 square kilometers... another source of income for the locals.

[HL-035] - The cattle ready to join the farmers to do some agriculturing..., but first it needs to get rid of the flies first...mooMoo...
                  Last edited by mooMooDUDE; 29-08-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QooL View Post
                    Nice shot of the Pura Batu Bolong [HL-015] with a clear shot of the bolong.
                    Thanks Roz for the complement. Looking forward to see your masterpiece too...

Comment

Beautiful series. You're a good student, seeing your work. You're lucky to get the sunset at Tanah Lot because I tried twice at different visits and cam out empty.

So Rai your guide too became a model!

Bali is truly a place for photography.

Comment

Originally posted by noordin View Post
                        Beautiful series. You're a good student, seeing your work. You're lucky to get the sunset at Tanah Lot because I tried twice at different visits and cam out empty.

So Rai your guide too became a model!

Bali is truly a place for photography.
                        Thanks Noordin for the kind words. Appreciate it most. Guess Rai have gain much experiences now and he know exactly what time we need to be at the right base to capture for the right moments...

Comment

Thank you for 'taking" us there. Awesome photos!
                          Quran 69:18

Comment

nice pictures...

Comment

I finally see a travelogue of our Bali photo-safari! You have done well, HL. I am impressed.

I have been encouraged and inspired by this group. I told myself prior to the trip that this will be the first and only one that I will organise. This experience may have changed my mind.
                              banhup.com

Comment

Working...
                              X